Air fryer tator tots give you all the flavor from deep frying without the fat. These crispy tator tots make the best side dish for hot dogs, game day snack and much more.
Air fryer tator tots are simply the best!
If you love golden and perfectly crispy tator tots, you have to try this air fryer recipe. You are going to love how they turn out and how simple they are. Serve with our homemade ketchup and the kiddos will come back for seconds.
In less than 15 minutes, this tasty snack or side dish can be ready to enjoy. That makes it pretty high on our list.
Let’s get started!
- bag frozen tater tots
- Cooking spray
How to make tator tots in the air fryer
First, spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Second, place the tator tots in the basket and spread out into a single layer.
How long do you cook Tater Tots in an air fryer?
Lastly, cook until golden brown. This does not take long at all at 400 degrees. They are usually ready in 10-15 minutes as times vary in the air fryer.
Remove and repeat the above steps with the remaining tater tots.
These are best served right away.
More serving ideas:
- homemade ketchup
- shredded cheese- pepper jack, cheddar, mozzarella are all good options.
- Ranch– This easy homemade ranch dressing is amazing.
- Bacon – We have an easy air fryer bacon recipe here.
- Queso – So easy and tastes just like at a restaurant. Homemade cheese sauce is also good too.
- Chili -This is our favorite hot dog chili and it is so delicious on tater tots.
Try some of these ideas or any other condiment that you like. We like to make loaded tots and top them with cheese, bacon, chili and onion. Yum!
Tips for tator tots in air fryer:
- Shaking the basket every 5 minutes will result in crispier tater tots.
- If you prefer extra crispy tots, cook them longer than 15 minutes in 2-3 minute intervals until they are how you like them.
- Be mindful of the cooking time as it does vary based on the type and brand of air fryer you are using.
- Use the cooking spray you prefer but we love Avocado oil spray. They turn out so crispy and delicious.
Do you love using the air fryer?
We sure do and one thing I have learned along the way is to just buy the larger size from the start. It is tempting to get a small one but what usually happens is everyone loves it so much that they wish they had the larger one.
So, do yourself a favor and just buy the larger size initially. You can cook more food in it at one time and you will love it.
With so many tasty air fryer recipes to try, you will be glad you bought an air fryer.
Find even more air fryer recipes to try.
Print this air fryer tator tots recipe below:
Air fryer tator tots give you all the flavor from deep frying without the fat. These crispy tator tots make the best side dish or snack.
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- Cooking spray
Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray
Spread tater tots evenly on bottom of basket in a single layer
Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Times will vary depending on air fryer.
Remove tater tots and place on serving plate
Repeat with remaining tater tots
Serve immediately with ketchup, cheese, bacon or other condiments that you like
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
More easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air fryer chicken breast recipes
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips