This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Air Fryer Tator Tots Recipe give you all the flavor from deep frying without the fat. These crispy tator tots make the best side dish for hot dogs, game day snack and much more.
The best Air Fryer Tator Tots Recipe:
If you love golden and perfectly crispy tator tots, you have to try this air fryer recipe. You are going to love how they turn out and how simple they are. Serve with our homemade ketchup and the kiddos will come back for seconds.
In less than 15 minutes, this tasty snack or side dish can be ready to enjoy. You can serve them as is or add some seasoning to enhance the flavor. Either way you make them, these air fryer tator tots will be requested all the time.
What are Tator Tots?
Tator Tots are a kid-friendly frozen food that everyone actually loves. They are bite-size and the perfect snack food anytime of the day. They are easy to make and are a perfect side to hamburgers, hot dogs or just about anything.
My kids love them just as a snack as they can easily grab them as a filling snack item. We even top them on casseroles or place them in a breakfast burrito.
The crispy outside texture with the soft inside make for the best food item that everyone will enjoy.
Why Air Fryer Tator Tots are so good:
We have been starting to use our air fryer more and more. I am starting to prefer my kids to use it instead of the oven. Air Fried Tator tots are one of those food items that just taste great after cooking in the air fryer.
The tots come out so crispy and there is very little work involved to preparing to put them in the air fryer. Rather you are using frozen tator tots or homemade ones, they always come out perfectly.
- Bag Frozen Tater Tots
- Cooking Spray
How to make tator tots in the air fryer:
- First, spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. If your air fryer doesn’t have the preheat option, just set your air fryer to 400 degrees and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Second, place the tator tots in the basket and spread out into a single layer.
How long to cook Tater Tots in air fryer:
- You will cook the tator tots until golden brown.
- This does not take long at all at 400 degrees. They are usually ready in 10-15 minutes as times vary in the air fryer.
- Remove and repeat the above steps with the remaining tater tots.
- These are best served right away.
Seasonings for Air Fry Tater Tots:
Tator Tots are great just as they are. But we do like to add in some seasoning to enhance the flavor. I usually add about 1 teaspoon when I am adding in seasoning. Here are some of our favorite seasonings:
- Italian Seasoning
- Season Salt
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder
What to serve with Air Fryer Tator Tots
- Homemade ketchup
- Shredded cheese- pepper jack, cheddar, mozzarella are all good options.
- Ranch– This easy homemade ranch dressing is amazing.
- Bacon – We have an easy air fryer bacon recipe here.
- Queso – So easy and tastes just like at a restaurant. Homemade cheese sauce is also good too.
- Chili -This is our favorite hot dog chili and it is so delicious on tater tots.
What to serve with Tator Tots:
Tator tots are great with lots of different foods. Here are some of our favorite ways to serve them:
- Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, or Brauts
- Make Tator Tots with your air fryer and top with shredded cheese. Place in the oven and make Cheesy Tator Tots. Sprinkle with onions and chili and it becomes a complete meal.
- Make a tator tots chili cheese wrap. This is one my favorite lunches.
Tips for tator tots in air fryer:
- Shaking the basket every 5 minutes will result in crispier tater tots.
- If you prefer extra crispy tots, cook them longer than 15 minutes in 2-3 minute intervals until they are how you like them.
- Be mindful of the cooking time as it does vary based on the type and brand of air fryer you are using.
- Use the cooking spray you prefer but we love Avocado oil spray. They turn out so crispy and delicious.
Do you love using the air fryer?
With so many tasty air fryer recipes to try, you will be glad you bought an air fryer. The options are endless when cooking in the air fryer. Not only do we put tator tots in the air fryer, but we love french fries as well as our favorite vegetables.
Did you know that you cook also pork chops or even your favorite cut of steaks. Find even more air fryer recipes to try.
If you have been looking to purchase one, these air fryers are on the top of my list.
Print this air fryer tator tots recipe below:
Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray
- Spread tater tots evenly on bottom of basket in a single layer
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Times will vary depending on air fryer.
- Remove tater tots and place on serving plate
- Repeat with remaining tater tots
- Serve immediately with ketchup, cheese, bacon or other condiments that you like
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe