Easy air fryer brats recipe takes just minutes to cook. They are golden brown and perfectly crispy while being tender on the inside.
Easy air fryer brats recipe
Have you tried cooking bratwurst in the air fryer? It is so easy and really delicious. They take less than 15 minutes to cook for a quick and tasty dinner.
It is the perfect weeknight meal without much work. The air fryer makes it so easy and keeps your kitchen clean.
Everyone will love these. Let’s get started cooking brats in the air fryer. It is super fast and so delicious.
- package of Uncooked Bratwurst
Yes, that is really all you need for this easy and delicious meal.
How to cook bratwurst in air fryer:
- Coat the basket. Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil. This step will helpto prevent the brats from sticking.
- Preheat the air fryer. It needs to be set to 350 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Put the brats in a single layer. Place the uncooked brats in the air fryer basket and make sure that they do not overlap.
- Finally, cook the bratwurst. Cook the brats at 350 degrees F for 13-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time. Continue to cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Remove from air fryer. Then remove the brats from the air fryer, let them rest for 3-5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions and nutritional information.
What to serve with brats?
- Sautéed peppers and onions. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy brats. You can eat alone or serve on a bun.
- Sauerkraut. Serve brats on a hot dog bun topped with sauerkraut. If you are trying to lower carbs, skip the bun.
- German Potato Salad Recipe
- Baked Beans. We love these quick and easy baked beans.
- Cheese sauce. The kids love when I make cheese sauce to top brats with.
- Relish. Top the brats with lots of relish. The combination is so tasty.
- Air Fryer Tator Tots Recipe. Always a crowd favorite, tator tots pair nicely with this meal.
Can you put raw bratwurst in an air fryer?
Yes, you can place raw brats directly in the air fryer. Just make sure to coat the air fryer basket with oil so they do not stick.
It varies based on the type of brand you buy. Some brands of bratwurst come already cooked while others are raw.
Be mindful of the type you buy. If they are already cooked, you will need to reduce the cooking time as they will only need to be heated.
How long do you cook brats in an air fryer?
They take about 15 minutes to cook for an easy air fryer recipe. Once they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees, they are fully cooked.
Either way, it is a very fast meal to prepare. You can have dinner on the table in minutes without much work.
Air fryer bratwurst tips:
- Lower temperature. Resist the urge to increase the temp. Cooking at a lower temperature will prevent the brats from shriveling.
- Single Layer. The brats should not overlap but be placed in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Also, try to leave a little bit of space in between the brats. You may need to cook these in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cooking times vary. Keep a close on while cooking the bratwurst. Individual air fryer models vary and can differ in cooking times.
- Room temperature meat. Allow the brats to come to room temperature before cooking. This will allow them to cook faster and more evenly.
- Parchment Paper. This type of meat has a fairly high fat content. Make sure the drip pan is clean so it has room accommodate any grease. Another idea is to line the basket with parchment paper with holes poked all over.
Can you cook frozen brats?
Yes, but the cooking time will need to be adjusted. Start with adding 3 to 5 extra minutes to the cooking time.
This should be sufficient to allow for them being frozen.
How to store:
Place leftover bratwurst in an airtight container. Store in the fridge up to 3 days.
They are delicious for lunch the next day. Save time by storing them inside individual containers. This will make it so easy to grab on the way out the door.
You will be less tempted to order take out or hit a drive-through.
Try this recipe for a quick meal.
We keep this on our regular menu plan rotation. It is so tasty and everyone loves it.
The air fryer makes it so simple making it the perfect meal for busy weeknights. I love having easy meals like this to cook quckly.
Everyone enjoys brats and we can spend more time around the table and less time cooking. Make this for dinner this week for a really simple meal idea.
Print this recipe for bratwurst in air fryer:
Easy Air Fryer Brats
- 1 pkg Uncooked Bratwurst 5 count
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Place the brats in the air fryer basket and make sure that they do not overlap.
- Cook the brats at 350 degrees F for 13-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time, until the reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Then remove the brats from the air fryer, let them rest for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe