This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Easy Air Fryer Brats recipe takes just minutes to cook. They are golden brown and perfectly crispy while being tender on the inside.
Air Fried brats is the perfect weeknight meal without much work. The air fryer gives you the flavor of the grill without all the work. It so easy and keeps your kitchen clean.
Everyone will love these air fryer bratwursts. Air fryer Recipes are easy and cooks foods perfectly.
Table of Contents
Can you Put Raw Bratwurst in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can place raw brats directly in the air fryer. Just make sure to coat the air fryer basket with oil so they do not stick.
It varies based on the type of brand you buy. Some brands of bratwurst come already cooked while others are raw.
Be mindful of the type you buy. If they are already cooked, you will need to reduce the cooking time as they will only need to be heated.
- Uncooked Bratwurst
Scroll to the bottom to see the full recipe in the recipe card.
How to Make Air Fryer Brats:
- Step 1 – Coat the basket. Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil. This step will helpto prevent the brats from sticking.
- Step 2 – Preheat the air fryer. It needs to be set to 350 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Step 3 – Put the brats in a single layer. Place the uncooked brats in the air fryer basket and make sure that they do not overlap.
- Step 4 – Finally, cook the bratwurst. Cook the brats at 350 degrees F for 13-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time. Continue to cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Step 5 – Remove from air fryer. Then remove the brats from the air fryer, let them rest for 3-5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Lower temperature. Resist the urge to increase the temp. Cooking at a lower temperature will prevent the brats from shriveling.
- Single Layer. The brats should not overlap but be placed in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Also, try to leave a little bit of space in between the brats. You may need to cook these in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cooking times vary. Keep a close on while cooking the bratwurst. Individual air fryer models vary and can differ in cooking times.
- Room temperature meat. Allow the air fryer bratwursts to come to room temperature before cooking. This will allow them to cook faster and more evenly.
- Parchment Paper. This type of meat has a fairly high fat content. Make sure the drip pan is clean so it has room accommodate any grease. Another idea is to line the basket with parchment paper with holes poked all over.
What to Serve with Brats?
- Sautéed peppers and onions. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy brats. You can eat alone or serve on a bun.
- Sauerkraut. Serve brats on a hot dog bun topped with sauerkraut. If you are trying to lower carbs, skip the bun.
- German Potato Salad Recipe. Potato Salad pairs great with brats.
- Baked Beans. We love these quick and easy baked beans for the perfect side dish.
- Ketchup or Mustard. Try Homemade Ketchup Recipe
- Cheese sauce. The kids love when I make cheese sauce to top brats with.
- Relish or Pickles. Top the brats with lots of relish. The combination is so tasty.
- Air Fryer Tator Tots Recipe. Always a crowd favorite, tator tots pair nicely with this meal.
Can you Cook Frozen Brats?
Yes, but the cooking time will need to be adjusted. Start with adding 3 to 5 extra minutes to the cooking time.
This should be sufficient to allow for them being frozen.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place leftover bratwurst in an airtight container. Store in the fridge up to 3 days.
They are delicious for lunch the next day. Save time by storing them inside individual containers. This will make it so easy to grab on the way out the door.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It takes about 15 minutes to cook sausages in the air fryer. Make sure to flip halfway through the cooking process.
Cook brats in an air fryer for 13-16 minutes flipping halfway through.
There is no need to poke holes in brats before air frying.
There is no need to pierce or poke holes in the brats before air frying.
No, you do not need to boil the brats before air frying. They are ready to be cooked, once they are removed from the package.
No you do not need to boil brats before air fryer.
More Air Fryer Cooking Recipes:
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Wings
- How to make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
We love hearing from you. If you make these Air Fryer Brats, make sure to leave us a comment.
Easy Air Fryer Brats
- 1 pkg Uncooked Bratwurst 5 count
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Place the brats in the air fryer basket and make sure that they do not overlap.
- Cook the brats at 350 degrees F for 13-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cook time, until the reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Then remove the brats from the air fryer, let them rest for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe