Everything is better in the air fryer and these air fryer pizza rolls do not disappoint. In just 7 minutes, enjoy crispy pizza rolls for a snack or quick dinner.
Air fryer pizza rolls
Pizza rolls cooked in the air fryer taste so crispy and flavorful. I used the air fryer recently to make pizza rolls and it seriously took frozen pizza rolls up a level.
They taste deep fried but without all the oil. The air fryer is really a game changer. The results were perfectly golden pizza rolls in just minutes.
You can serve them for Game Day, snacks, lunch or any day of the week. I try to always keep a bag of these in the freezer because they are so convenient.
If you have only tried microwave pizza rolls, you are in for a treat. Unlike the microwave that makes the pizza rolls rubbery, the air fryer makes them so crispy.
Once you try them in the air fryer, you will never cook them any other way. The air fryer is the best way to cook frozen foods and there isn’t any prep work needed.
How to air fry pizza rolls
It is such a simple way to cook pizza rolls. You just need to coat the air fryer in oil and place the pizza rolls inside. They need to be in a single layer.
How long to cook pizza rolls in air fryer
I cook them for 7 minutes and flip them half way through. Cooking times vary so you need to watch them closely so they do not explode.
This is quicker than baking them in the oven or deep frying. You also will not have to deal with grease popping or the lingering smell.
Our family prefers them in the air fryer and it is the simplest snack for movies, parties or a quick dinner.
What you need:
- A bag of pizza Rolls. You can use any variety your family enjoys. We usually get either cheese or pepperoni pizza toppings.
- Olive Oil
How to air fry pizza rolls:
- First, coat the air fryer basket with the olive oil.
- Then put the pizza rolls in the air fryer. Make sure to put them in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook them in batches.
- Let the pizza rolls cook at 380 degrees for about 7 minutes. Make sure to flip the pizza rolls half way through the cook time and shake the basket. Keep a close eye on the pizza rolls so they do not explode while cooking.
- Allow the pizza rolls to sit for 2 minutes before serving. This will give the hot cheese time to cool a little. You can sprinkle shredded cheese or Parmesan cheese on top of the pizza rolls if you prefer.
Jump to recipe below for full details.
- Marinara Sauce – We love to make this and it is very simple to do.
- Ranch dressing – My kids love to dip pizza in ranch.
- Cheese Dip – This is another crowd pleaser.
I normally have several bowls of dipping sauces. Everyone can choose their favorites or try several. This works great for parties as well.
How to store leftovers:
If you have any leftovers, store them inside an air tight container for up to 5 to 7 days. To reheat, place them in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes to reheat them back up.
This will help get the cooked frozen pizza rolls crispy again because no one likes soggy pizza rolls.
Tips for Cooking Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer:
- The pizza rolls need room to allow the air to circulate so do not stack them in the basket. They need to be spaced out and in a single layer. This will help them to crisp properly.
- Pizza rolls that are cooked too long will pop open when air frying frozen pizza rolls. Be mindful of cooking times varying with brands of air fryers. You may need to adjust the cooking time.
- It is best to let the pizza rolls sit a few minutes before eating. This will give the inside time to rest as well as cool down. They are very hot right out of the air fryer.
- Flipping the pizza rolls is an important step in this process. This simple step helps them cook evenly and crisp perfectly.
- This recipe does not call for a preheated air fryer.
This is the perfect idea if you are a beginner to using your air fryer. Check out Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners.
Print the recipe for air fryer pizza rolls below:
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 bag Pizza Rolls
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Coat the air fryer basket with the olive oil.
- Place the pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer (you may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
- Cook at 380 degrees F for approximately 7 minutes (flip the pizza rolls half way through the cook time). Watch closely so the pizza rolls do not explode while cooking.
- Serve with your favorite pizza sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe