This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These air fryer recipes for beginners are perfect to get you started. If you are wondering where to begin, try one of these 37 easy recipes.
Air fryer recipes for beginners
If you just bought a new air fryer or maybe have one that has been sitting on the counter unused, now is the time to get started. Cooking with an air fryer is very simple and allows you to get snacks or your main dish quickly to your family.
You get the benefit of crispy skin and delicious food without the work of actually frying. The air fryer has really revolutionized cooking for great meals in minutes. You are really missing out if you haven’t tried cooking this way.
The best part and for good reason is how amazing the food tastes.
What is an air fryer?
Hot air is circulated in the air fryer resulting in crispy food every time. You need very little oil but food turns out perfectly crispy and amazing.
It is simply the best and our family loves food cooked this way. The air fryer basically uses air to give food that deep fried taste everyone loves.
However, you can enjoy it without tons of oil, grease and standing over a hot stove.
Instead of using the deep fryer to get crispy food, use the air fryer for a healthier alternative. We love to cook chicken breasts and chicken wings in the air fryer because it turns out so crispy.
Anything to make dinner time quick and easy is high on my list. We also love the instant pot for quick meals. However, the air fryer is the one to use when you are craving fried food.
What should I make first in my air fryer?
The air fryer is really easy to use. Just about all recipes are simple.
I suggest starting with simple foods such as bacon, baked potatoes, hard boiled eggs or fried chicken. Any of these would be great places to start and really easy to make.
Enjoy your favorite fried foods with very little oil and time needed. Any of these recipes would be a good idea.
Is an air fryer good for beginners?
Absolutely! You can enjoy delicious fried food in a matter of minutes without any special skills required.
Using an air fryer is not hard at all and even a beginner can use one. Anyone can cook these easy air fryer meals with simple ingredients.
Air Fryer Tips for Beginners
- Start with a simple recipe. Using a recipe will help you know exact times and any additional tips you need.
- Preheat the air fryer. This steps allows you to get the crispiness everyone loves. Food cooks more evenly and turns out crispier when preheated. If your oven does not have a preheat option, let it run for 2 to 3 minutes before using to warm the heating element.
- Check on the food a few minutes before it is done. Cooking times vary and it might cook faster. It is always a good idea to check and see.
- Use a digital thermometer to make sure meat is done. We use one all the time in cooking. It helps to ensure the meat is fully cooked and you don’t have to cut into it.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Food needs enough space so that the air can circulate while cooking. This is what makes the food crispy.
You may need to cook in batches to prevent overcrowding. The food should be in a single layer. While this might take longer the good news is that each batch takes only minutes.
- Make sure to use the right size for your family. Air fryers come in different sizes. You want to buy the one that best suits your family size. We have a Philips air fryer.
- Avoid cooking spray from an aerosol can. Aerosol sprays can cause damage to your air fryer basket. It is best to use oil dabbed on with a pastry brush or rubbed on. I like to use olive oil if the recipes calls for oil.
- Prevent white smoke. Sometimes, you might see white smoke coming out of the air fryer if you are cooking excessively greasy food. This can be prevented by placing a slice of bread under the basket to help catch excess oil or grease as it falls.
You can also place a couple of tablespoons of water prior to cooking in the basket. Either of these options should help prevent smoke.
- Use for leftovers. The air fryer is not just for cooking but also for reheating. This is a great way to enjoy leftovers that you want to be crispy and not soggy from warming in the microwave. It makes it even more crispy than a toaster oven.
The Best Air Fryer Recipes
Try these easy recipes if you are just starting out. We make everything from snacks to meals in the air fryer. You will get crispy food that is easy and tasty.
Once you taste how delicious food turns out, you will be hooked. These easy recipes will make lots of delicious meals for your family with less oil and cook time.
It is the best way to cook all of your favorite fried meals. We love the crispy exterior and it also an easy way to make low carb recipes. Take food to the next level and try an air fryer.
These beginner recipes take minutes and the results are so tasty. The air fryer is our favorite way to cook fried food with little oil. You definitely want to give this new way to cook a try.
Some of our best things are cooked in the air fryer and it is definitely a family favorite.
Let’s get started with this list of air fryer recipes for beginners. Enjoy your favorite things and the best recipes.
Air fryer Snack Recipes
1. Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Enjoy a quick snack in minutes and it is so crispy and delicious. You can sprinkle parmesan cheese on top before serving. Even frozen foods taste amazing.
2. Air Fryer Cheese Sticks
Everyone will love these golden brown mozzarella sticks cooked in the air fryer.
3. Air Fryer Pizza
This is one of the easiest things to make in the air fryer with your favorite sauce and toppings.
4. Air Fryer Donuts
Skip the extra cost at bakeries and make delicious donuts at home.
5. Air Fryer Fried Oreos
Enjoy this fried treat without all the extra oil.
6. Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
Pizza is one of our favorite foods and this recipe only takes minutes.
7. Air Fryer Hashbrowns
This is one of the easiest recipes and so tasty.
8. Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
Making bacon in the air fryer is a huge time saver.
9. Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Save time in the kitchen and make several for a great breakfast.
Air Fryer Meat Recipes
10. Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
This recipe only takes 15 minutes for crispy chicken.
11. Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Enjoy delicious food in minutes.
12. Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
These chicken drumsticks have juicy meat and crispy skin.
13. Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Anyone can enjoy fried chicken during busy nights thanks to the air fryer. Chicken thighs would be good too.
14. Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Skip the oil and make delicious air fryer fried chicken wings for dinner.
15. Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Your family will love getting to have fried chicken in less time that is healthy too.
16. Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
Ready in 15 minutes. You can use a dry rub with garlic powder to change things up.
17. Air Fryer Bone in Pork Chops
Crispy on the outside and tender and juicy meat on the inside.
18. Air Fryer Steak Recipe
Steak in the air fryer is a game changer. It is one of our favorite easy air fryer recipes.
19. Air Fryer Shrimp
Only 10 minutes for the best seasoned shrimp.
20. Air Fryer Fried Shrimp
Fried shrimp in minutes that tastes amazing.
21. Air Fryer Turkey Breast
This might just be your new favorite way to make turkey.
22. Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Less than 10 minutes for this easy salmon recipe. Add a healthy side dish and you are set.
23. Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Our family loves air fryer hot dogs with tater tots.
24. Air Fryer Meatballs
Homestyle meatballs take a fraction of the time in the air fryer.
25. Air Fryer Burgers
Juicy, flavorful and just minutes to make.
Air Fryer Sides
26. Air Fryer French Fries
Crispy and amazing in minutes. You can also try sweet potato fries.
27. Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
No need to heat the oven for baked sweet potatoes. Air fryer potatoes are so easy.
28. Air Fryer Baked Potato
Try this for an easy side dish in minutes. We like to top with sour cream.
29. Air Fryer Carrots
My kids think these taste like carrot fries.
30. Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
The texture is perfectly crispy and so yummy.
31. Air Fryer Onion Rings
These are the best old fashioned onion rings.
32. Air Fryer Vegetables
These are so delicious even the non veggie eaters will like them.
33. Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Instead of potato chips, try these crispy zucchini chips. They taste like zucchini fries.
34. Air Fryer Broccoli
Broccoli air fried is so crispy and flavorful.
35. Air Fryer Cauliflower
This healthy side dish is perfect with just about anything.
36. Air Fryer Tater Tots
All the flavor without deep frying.
37. Air Fryer Asparagus
Less than 5 minutes and you have a great side dish.
Try favorite air fryer recipes for beginners.
From fish fillets to French toast sticks and eggrolls, the options are endless for delicious recipes. You can even cook a whole chicken. Whatever you cook is sure to be easy and delicious and full of flavor.
Let us know how you like using the air fryer once you try your first air fryer recipe. These air fryer recipes for beginners will have you off to a great start.
Enjoy a healthy air fryer meal in 20 minute to 30 minutes or less.