Enjoy air fryer donuts in just 5 minutes. Everyone will love these light and fluffy donuts coated in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Biscuit Donuts in the Air Fryer:
Did you know that you can make donuts out of biscuits? I was surprised how easy it was in the air fryer. As a result, it saves us so much time and money now that we make donuts in the air fryer. The best part is that we don’t have to run to the bakery anymore, I can make them at home.
The ingredients for the air fryer donuts are simple and you probably already have everything to make them. My kids agree that they are fun to make and delicious too.
Literally in minutes, we can have hot and fresh donuts. Doing in the air fryer saves you time deep frying them and the hot oil mess.
A great breakfast idea:
I struggle some mornings with coming up with breakfast ideas. So this recipe has become a treat for my kids. I like to serve it with some eggs and fruit so I know that they are getting a well balanced breakfast before heading off to school.
Whether it is a special weekend brunch or busy weekday breakfast, anyone can make these fabulous donuts any day of the week. They also make a great snack.
- Jumbo Flaky Biscuits – any brand will work. Just make sure to get the jumbo 8 count.
How to Preheat the Air Fryer:
- First, go ahead and preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Now, if you have an air fryer that does not have a preheat option just turn your air fryer to the 360 degrees F.
- Let the air fryer run for 5 minutes and it should be all ready to go.
Then Cut out the Center of the Biscuits:
- Second, get the biscuits ready. Open the can and take the biscuits out.
- Cut out the center of each biscuit to make the donut shape. You can use a 1 inch cutter to cut the holes. If you don’t have one, an apple corer is the perfect size to make the holes.
- I like to place the biscuits on a baking sheet as I am cutting the rest of the center out of the other biscuits.
How to make donuts in the air fryer:
- Next, coat the air fryer basket with olive oil or coconut oil spray. You want to make sure not to use cooking spray because it could damage your air fryer.
- Go ahead and put the donuts in the air fryer and let them cook for about 4 minutes.
- This is the when I start making the coating for the donuts while they are cooking. Just combine the cinnamon and sugar together. Melt the butter in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- The donuts should be ready now so go ahead and take them out of the air fryer. Coat them with melted butter. I use a basting brush and it makes it really easy.
- This is my favorite part – adding the cinnamon sugar mixture. You can sprinkle this on or dip. I think it is easiest to lay the donut in the mixture and flip to get both sides. Use the baking sheet and line with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- You want to get the sides and bottoms and this seems to work the best. Just shake to get any excess off.
- The donuts are best served warm. Enjoy!
Can you make airfryer donut holes?
Yes! No need to waste the middle that you cut out of the donuts. Just place the donut holes in the air fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes. We love to top with the butter and cinnamon sugar mixture.
We are a big fans of air fry donut holes.
Toppings for air fryer biscuit donuts:
We love the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Here are more ideas we love for donuts.
- Sprinkles – Kids love sprinkles on donuts.
- Powdered Sugar- Use a sifter and sprinkle all over the hot donuts.
- Glaze- Make a glaze with powdered sugar by combining 2 cups powdered sugar and ¼ cup milk. The glaze is perfect for dipping the donut in this or drizzle it all over.
- Chocolate Sauce or Chocolate icing for a chocolate glaze on the donuts. We love using sprinkles of the chocolate sauce.
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Your favorite donut topping!
- I like adding in a little vanilla extract. It gives it that warm vanilla taste that I love.
Get creative and let us know what ideas you come up with. We love coming up with new ideas to make these air fryer donuts.
Tips for air fryer donut recipes:
- You will need a good air fryer. This is the air fryer that I have and it has served me well. This air fryer is just the right size and that I can cook just about anything in there. Clean up is easy too.
- You can use a small biscuit cutter or apple corer will work for the donuts.
- We love to use our air fryer. If you are need some more air fryer recipes we have a lot to choose from.
Get started making these today. You will love how yummy and absolutely delicious. They are the perfect homemade, no mess donuts.
You can make these in minutes for a great treat. Comment below if you try them and how they turn out.
My kids will have their friends over for the day, I make sure to always have a can of biscuits on hand. The other pantry ingredients, I always have on hand. The kids love them and they are very budget friendly. Sometimes, I get fancy and add in sprinkles.
If we do have any leftovers, I will keep them on the counter for the kids to snack throughout the day.
Print this recipe for Easy Air Fryer donuts below:
Air Fryer Donuts
- 1 can Jumbo Flakey Biscuits 8 count
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Butter Melted
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, turn your air fryer to the 360 degrees F option and let it run for approximately 5 minutes.
- Open the biscuits and cut out the center of each biscuit using a 1 inch cutter or an apple corer. Coat the air fryer basket with olive oil (do not use a non-stick cooking spray as those could damage your air fryer).
- Place the donuts in the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes. While the donuts are cooking, combine the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and melt the butter in a separate bowl.
- Remove the donuts after the cooking time, use a basting brush to coat the donuts with the melted butter. Then top with the cinnamon sugar mixture (make sure to get the bottoms and the sides of the donuts).
- Serve immediately while they’re still warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy air fryer recipes:
More Donut Recipes: