Have you been hesitant to make homemade donuts? We have an easy Homemade Donut Recipe that is absolutely delicious and very simple. These little donuts are soft and fluffy and amazing! The sugar coating just completes these yummy donuts.
This homemade donut recipe is the absolute best recipe! You will not believe that donuts can be this amazing from a can of biscuits! They are that good. Be prepared to make these again and again because they are SO delicious. My kids like them with an ice cold glass of milk and I think they are great with a cup of coffee. They are such an easy and delicious breakfast!
I could eat these donuts all by themselves. However, they are perfect served with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe. Talk about a fabulous brunch!! My kids have requested this for breakfast after a sleepover. It was a big hit with all of their friends.
The recipe is not only really yummy but it’s very inexpensive to make! We can often get a can of biscuits on sale or even super cheap regularly priced! I love recipes that are frugal and do not bust the budget! My kids get so excited when I make these and it’s become a special treat around here.
Let’s get started making homemade donuts with biscuits!
How do you make donuts at home?
You might want to start off with grabbing a couple of cans of biscuits. 🙂 I only bought one the first time I made these and the donuts went very fast. 🙂 Everyone gobbled these amazing donuts up!
It’s so simple to make homemade donuts. Everyone will love these little treats!
Tip to make Homemade Fried donuts:
Ingredients for Easy Homemade donuts:
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury Original Grands Flaky Lakers 8 ct)
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
How to make homemade donuts:
1. Add sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl and mix well. Make sure the bowl is big enough to hold your donuts.
This Homemade Donut recipe is just that simple!
You can also use powdered sugar as a topping. Those are just as yummy too! You might want to make an assortment. The kids will go crazy over these yummy donuts!
Did you know you can also use donut holes? Save the dough from the center you cut out. Fry those just like the donuts. You will have donut holes! So tasty and fun! If I am only making donut holes, I will roll the donuts out and use an apple corer to make individual holes. It makes a ton of donut holes and they are so good.
Print this Homemade Donut recipe below:
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- -I used Pillsbury Original Grands Flaky Lakers 8 ct
- vegetable oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Add sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl and mix well. Make sure the bowl is big enough to hold your donuts.
- Add oil to a small saucepan. You'll need about 2" of oil. Heat on medium heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, use an apple corer to cut a hole into each of the biscuits. Drop biscuits into hot oil, one at a time, cooking for 1 minute on each side. This is essential. If you go by "looks" your donuts will probably be doughy/uncooked in the center. It seems like a minute is a long time and they tend to get pretty dark in the oil, but it's enough time to cook each side. Flip when 1 minute is up and continue to cook on the other side for 1 minute. Remove from oil carefully and place onto a plate lined with paper towels. Let set for another 2 minutes before dunking the hot donuts into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Coat all sides evenly.
- Makes 8 donuts
The entire family will love these Easy homemade donuts!
We love these homemade donuts made from a can of biscuits. Not many of us have time to make a traditional yeast donut and drag out the stand mixer for the yeast mixture. However, if you are feeling adventurous, those are yummy too. Make sure they are in inch thick and they will have doubled in size because of the yeast.
I think this easy homeamade donut recipe is just as delicious and it’s so very simple! You can have donuts in just minutes! Wow! We sometimes just make doughnut holes and they are so good!
The sugar topping on these homemade donuts make it SO delicious!
How do you make a glazed Doughnut?
Make this homemade donut recipe today!
I love to make an assortment of different types- sugar topping, powdered sugar, glazed and more! Just get creative. The kids help and it’s so much fun. You can even put sprinkles on the donuts. This might be a fun idea if you are celebrating a birthday or other fun event! You could even make a donut cake instead of a traditional birthday cake. No need to spend tons of money when you can create delicious donuts at home!
For another quick and delicious idea, try this Easy banana bread recipe!