This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Do you love those delicious old fashioned sugary donuts but hate all the work? You can make these easy Mini Donut Muffins instead. They are just as light and fluffy and covered with cinnamon and sugar. Yum!
These doughnut muffins make the perfect sweet treat or an easy breakfast recipe. I love to make them for my kids with a side of bacon and eggs for a complete breakfast before they head to school.
You may also love these Air Fryer Donut Holes for another quick and easy recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
These mini donut cupcakes are perfect for many occasion. The crispy edges, soft center and cinnamon and sugar flavors makes these always a family favorite.
These made from scratch mini donuts cook easily in a mini muffin pan for a bite size treat. Make these simple ingredient mini doughnut recipe for your family today.
- Margarine, melted
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
Topping for Mini Muffins
- Margarine, melted
- White Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients.
- Mix in Chocolate Chips – When you are preparing your muffing batter, mix in some mini chocolate chips. My kids love Chocolate Chip Mini Donuts.
- Drizzle with Glaze – You can make an easy glaze to drizzle over the top of the mini donuts with a piping bag or for dipping.
- Add in Pumpkin – If you are are pumpkin lover, mix in some canned pumpkin for your fall donut muffins.
- Gluten Free – You can use gluten free flour to make them gluten free.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Grease 18 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
Step 3 – Whisk together the flour, baking powder and sugar in large bowl. You can also use a stand mixer.
Step 4 – Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
Step 5 – Fill the mini muffin cups about half full. Remember to use a cookie scoop to make this super easy.
Step 6 – Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 7 – While muffins are baking, melt the butter and place in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the sugar with the cinnamon.
Step 8 – Remove muffins from their cups, dip the tops of each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then serve and enjoy these cinnamon sugared donuts.
- Make Full Size Muffins – You can use this recipe to make full-size muffins if you prefer. Your baking time will change a bit. It will probably take about 20 minutes to bake a full size muffin.
- Don’t Overmix the batter – You want your muffins to be light and airy. Overmixing them causes the batter to lose the fluffy texture.
- Evenly distribute the batter – Make sure when you are filling the mini cupcake tin that your batter is evenly distributed. This allows room for the muffins to rise.
How to Freeze
These donut muffin recipe actually freeze great. Once they are completely cool you can then place them in a gallon size freezer bag. Place in the freezer.
In the morning just pull out the ones you want and heat them in the microwave. You have a homemade special breakfast without any extra work!
How to Store Leftovers
We normally leave these mini cake donuts on the counter in an airtight container for about 1-2 days. They will last a little longer in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
More Mini Dessert Recipes
I love making mini size recipes as they are great for small hands and perfect for serving a crowd. If you love mini desserts as much as I do, try these family favorites.
More Donut Recipes to make
- Glazed Baked Donut Recipe
- Biscuit Air Fryer Donuts Recipe
- Apple Cider Donuts Recipe
- Easy Canned Biscuit Donuts Recipe
We love to hear from you. If you make this mini donut recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Mini Donut Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 16 mini-muffin cups.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Do not overmix.
- Fill the mini muffin cups about half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, place melted margarine in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Once the muffins are done, allow them to cool slightly so you can handle them. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Let cool completely and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe