Try this Mini Brownie Bites Recipe for a bite size dessert everyone will love. Kid’s just love brownies and the powdered sugar makes them even better. Plus, they are so simple to make!
Mini Brownie Bites Recipe:
The Mini Brownie Bites are the best individual dessert recipe. They are made from scratch and are so moist that you will want more than one.
I made these using my homemade brownie mixes, so they took no time to mix together. Then I just baked them in my mini-muffin pan. The kids loved them, because they each got two.
You could easily adapt this recipe to use a regular muffin cup if you prefer. I love the powdered sugar on top. I sprinkle a little extra because it’s just so yummy.
Topping ideas for Mini Brownie Bites:
Another fun way to eat these amazing bite size brownies is to serve then with ice cream! We like to heat the brownie up a little or do this when they are just coming out of the oven.
- Top with ice cream and drizzle of chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. I love this trio of Ghirardelli Squeeze Bottles. You get Caramel, Chocolate and White Chocolate.
- If you are feeling extra decadent, top with a little whipped topping and a cherry. We even have sundae glasses and they are so pretty with all this layered inside. These brownie cupcakes are sure to be hit.
- You can add chocolate chips on top for an extra treat. The peanut butter morsels are yummy too.
- My kids love to top with some fun sprinkles or nuts.
- White Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
How to make Brownie Bites:
- Heat Oven – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare Muffin Pan – Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix Ingredients – Stir sugar, add in the eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in the melted butter. Beat in ⅓ cup cocoa, add the flour, salt, and baking powder by hand.
- Fill Muffin Pan – Spoon the batter into the mini muffin tin. About a tablespoon per tin. (It will fill about 20 mini-muffins)
- Bake Muffins – Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Check Muffins to see if they are done – A toothpick inserted in the middle and coming out clean is a good indication they are ready. (How long to bake brownie bites is variable based on oven and if you like the center a little soft.)
- Cool Completely – Allow to cool completely before removing the mini cupcake and sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish at room temperature.
- Place on Cooling Rack – You can use a cooling rack as well once you remove from heat.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar – The powdered sugar is totally optional but I highly recommend it. The sugar really adds an entire new level of deliciousness to this recipe!
- Add Chocolate Chips – You can add dark chocolate chips to the brownie batter for an extra chocolate taste.
- Chopped Nuts – We love adding in some chopped nuts.
- Mix in Marshmallows – Adding in marshmallows is fun and they taste amazing.
How do you get brownies out of mini muffin pans?
Allow to cool completely before removing the cupcake. Since we are using liners, you should not have any difficulty removing brownies from muffin pan.
If some are resistant, you can gently use a knife around the edges.
This is the Best brownie bites from scratch recipe!
The Kids love these. I really liked that they are ready so fast. Remember if you already made your brownie mix, these will be even faster to make.
I like to make a big batch of dry brownie mix and keep it in my pantry. It’s perfect for recipes like this and makes it so quick and easy.
This dessert is so fun to make. It doesn’t get any simpler than this and it’s absolutely delicious. Plus, it’s not expensive at all to make. If you have a lot of your children’s friends over in the summer, this is a great treat to make.
Great Lunchbox Treat!
Kid’s can easily finish one of these in just two bites. They are the perfect size for a snack without feeling like they are eating too much sugar. These are also perfect for lunchbox snacks.
Pop a couple into a their lunch box and you will make their day. I also like to put a few in baggies and have them handy for after school snacks.
It’s much cheaper than buying pre-packaged ready made snacks. I think they taste better too. We also do this with Quick and Easy Fruity Pebble Bars and No Bake Cheerio Bars! All of these make really good snacks or lunch box treats.
How to store:
Brownies will stay good for about 2 days if left at room temperature. You can place in the refrigerator and they will last about 5 days.
Print your Mini Brownie Recipe below:
Mini Muffin Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter melted (you can use ¼ cup of butter and it will still be yummy)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (you can use ¼ cup whole wheat and ¼ cup of regular flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a mini-muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Stir sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in the melted butter. Beat in ⅓ cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder by hand.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. About a tablespoon per tin. (It will fill about 20 mini-muffins)
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
the brownies look good on this picture…. 🙂
They are baking now. I threw in some chocolate chips I had hanging around. They smell amazing. I am baking closer to 15-20 minutes and made 24 muffins. Bet they will disappear before I can finish typing…my oven is super slow sometimes……. When I check it with a thermometer it’s on target…
I’m planning on making these tonight for me and my family and Serving them with some Vanilla Ice cream
I love that these are a one bowl recipe to begin with. I’ve been trying to incorporate whole wheat flour more in my baking so I was glad to see you could do half and half with the flours. I did get 23 out of the recipe, just barely as I had to really scrape the bowl to get it ?. Thanks for the great recipe they were amazing!
Did anyone have trouble with these sticking?? Or tried a mini cupcakes liner? Trying to decide if I should try greasing with butter like I do cakes and flouring the pan..or the liners.
Very tasty brownie bite. However mine kind of came out as brownie bits because they stuck to the pan. Not sure if I needed more cooking spray or to cool a little longer.
I used paper liners,they stuck like crazy and left grease in the pans. The flavour was there but 1/2 cup,of butter is way too much. I will try again using 1/4 butter. My grandson ate them all anyway,lol.
Delicious! Just baked and ate with vanilla ice cream. Thanks! Will make again. This is a keeper.
Great to hear! Thanks for sharing!
I made these tonight and they were fantastic! Filled 24 mini-muffins generously. Big hit with the kids and super easy to make. Thank you for sharing, I’ll definitely be making these again!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them! Thank you for sharing!
Yum! I’m vegan; so I used flax egg, ICBINB Its vegan, and I also used Lakanto in place of the sugar. I only used a 1/4 cup of vegan butter and added about 2T of unsweetened organic applesauce because it seemed a bit dry. I don’t normally use liners, although this time I did. I’m crossing my fingers! I’m hoping that they don’t stick like a lot of other commenters have said here.