This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This delicious Cheerio Bars Recipe is packed with marshmallows and so gooey. Make these for the perfect snack, dessert or treat any day of the week.
We love making these Cheerio Bars because of how quick and easy they are to make. The combination of the sweet and salty flavor makes them my kids favorite. They are the perfect snack recipe and a delicious treat on the go.
Table of Contents
Why Make These Treats:
These budget friendly treats only require 3 ingredients and can be made in a variety of ways. This is the perfect lunch box treat, grab and go breakfast or after school snack idea that everyone loves.
These cereal bars taste so much better than the store bought treats and can easily be topped with your favorite candy or chocolate chips.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Plain Cheerios Cereal
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom for the recipe card.
- Cereal – We have used plain, honey nut cheerios and multi grain cheerios.
- Peanut Butter – Mix in your favorite creamy peanut butter, cashew butter, and almond butter to make no bake peanut butter cheerio bars. Another addition to this mixture is honey, agave, or maple syrup. Peanut butter and honey is a great combination.
- Chocolate Chips – Mix in white chocolate, dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips or you can even drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the mixture.
- Candy – For added flavor, top the cereal bars in even layer of M&M or Reese’s Pieces.
- Add Nuts – You can easily add in nuts for added flavor and texture. Mix in peanuts, slice almonds, or any other nuts.
- Healthy Seeds – If you want to sneak in some healthy seeds to the mixture we recommend flax seeds, chia or hemp seeds.
- Sprinkles – If you are making these for a celebration add in funs sprinkles. We like to mix in their favorite color sprinkles for a fun and festive treat.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – First, grease a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2 – In a pot, melt the butter over low with the marshmallows. Continue stirring until they are completely melted.
Step 3 – Once melted, stir in the cheerios.
Step 4 – Quickly press into the pan. Allow to cool completely – then cut into bars.
- Melting Marshmallows – You can melt the marshmallows and butter together over medium heat in a sauce pan. Or place in a microwave safe bowl to melt.
- Rubber Spatula – To easily press the cereal mixture into the pan, spray the spatula with cooking spray and press into the baking dish. Spraying the spatula allows the mixture to not stick to the spatula. You can also press the mixture into the pan with parchment paper.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Yes, you can freeze the cheerio treats if you have leftovers. You can easily double the batch and then freeze in individual slices. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Easy Treat Ideas
- Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Strawberry Pinch Cookies
- Homemade Twix Bars Cupcakes
- Easy Cinnamon Cornflake Squares Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make these cheerio marshmallow treats, please leave a star review.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- (1) 10.5 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Cheerios cereal (We have used plain and multi grain cheerios)
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a pot, melt the butter over low with the marshmallows. Continue stirring until they are completely melted.
- Once melted, mix in the cheerios.
- Quickly press into the pan. Allow to cool completely – then cut into squares.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe