This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Everyone will love these decadent Double Chocolate Chip Brownies. Each bite is loaded with tons of chocolate and the entire recipe is super easy.
As a busy mom of 8, my kids love to have dessert after dinner every night. Making dessert recipes from scratch saves me money and they taste better than store bought brownies.
Adding in chocolate chips into the brownie mix and on top, doubles the chocolate flavor and it makes so delicious.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe:
I love making brownies for any occasion. The delicious chocolate flavor, the chewy texture and moist crumbs makes this brownie recipe a family favorite.
If you love to bake, chances are you already have all the simple ingredients to make these brownies. You will love the way the taste and how easy they are to make.
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk Chocolate Chips
Scroll to the bottom to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Brownie Mix – We made these brownies from scratch, but you can also use a store bought brownie mix to make these brownies.
- Chocolate Chips – Feel free to change the chocolate chips to make this recipe. You can mix in dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips.
- Chopped Nuts – This recipe is even better with chopped nuts. We recommend adding in chopped pecans, walnuts or slice almonds.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Next, line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
Step 3 – Stir all ingredients except for the chocolate chips together in a large mixing bowl by hand. This includes the dutch-processed cocoa powder, teaspoon vanilla extract and teaspoon salt and dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
Step 4 – Fold in ¾ of the chocolate chips gently into the batter.
Step 5 – Pour the batter into the 8X8 pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
Step 6 – Bake the fudgy brownies for 25- 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prepare Baking Pan – Before pouring in the brownie batter, spray the baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. We even like to line the baking pan with parchment paper. This helps to easily remove the brownie from the pan and to cut.
- Combining Ingredients – When combining the ingredients make sure to not overmix the batter. This cook create dry texture.
- Pouring Brownie Batter – When pouring the brownie in the baking dish, we recommend spreading the batter with a rubber spatula. This helps to evenly spread the batter in the baking pan.
- Butter – To prepare the melted butter, place in a medium saucepan or melt in the microwave.
- Baking Time – The baking time will vary based on your oven. We recommend using a toothpick to make sure brownies are cooked. We like to slightly undercook brownies as they will finish cooking after removing from the oven.
How Do You Cut Brownies Cleanly?
It is important to make sure the brownies are completely cool before you cut them. They will not cut clean and make a mess if you try cut warm brownies.
Another trick is to use a plastic knife instead of a metal knife. Also, wipe the knife clean in between each time you cut. This will really help to give each brownie a clean cut.
These double chocolate brownies are delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top the brownies and ice cream with caramel sauce and melted chocolate sauce.
We even add fun sprinkles, whipped cream and chopped nuts for the perfect brownie sundae. This recipe would be perfect added to your ice cream bar.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Double Chocolate chip brownies will stay fresh in an airtight container for 5-6 days. Make sure the brownies are at room temperature before storing.
Yes, you can freeze brownies after they have cooled completely. We like to flash freeze the brownies by placing on a baking sheet and placing in the freezer. After about an hour, take out of the freezer and place in a freeze bag. For my tips see Can you Freeze Brownies to learn how to freeze.
More Easy Brownie Recipes:
- Brownie Cookies
- One Bowl Brownies
- Mini brownie cupcakes recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Easy Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- S’mores Brownie Recipe
- Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Slutty Brownies
We love hearing from you. If you make this double chocolate brownies recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir all ingredients except for the chocolate chips together in a large mixing bowl by hand. Do not over mix.
- Stir in ¾ of the chocolate chips gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the 8X8 pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Slice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe