Learn how to make this Homemade Brownies recipe for a quick dessert any day of the week. This fudgy brownie recipe is so yummy and budget friendly.
These brownies are melt in your mouth delicious! You will love how easy they are to make and how amazing they taste.
This recipe is simple and easy that anyone can quickly make these tasty chocolate flavor brownies. The kids love to help and we have the best time in the kitchen baking together.
- sugar (you can also use brown sugar)
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- all-purpose flour
- salt and baking powder
Once you start making these easy brownies at home, you will see how simple and delicious they are! They are inexpensive to make and so easy.
How to make homemade brownies
First, stir the granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla into the melted butter. Tip: I usually melt the butter quickly on the stove top or microwave.
Second, add in the cocoa, flour, salt and other dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
Now, just mix all the ingredients together. Do not over mix the batter. This will give you a more dense cake-like brownies.
Finally, spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
Then bake in the preheated oven the brownies for 30 minutes. You will know it is done when you see crackly tops and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
How to Cut Brownies Cleanly
- First make sure the brownies are completely cooled.
- Use a plastic knife to cut your brownies rather than a knife with a metal blade.
- Plastic knives are naturally non-stick so the brownies will not stick and break apart the brownies as you are cutting.
- Be sure to wipe off the plastic knife after each cut. Having a clean knife will help.
This easy brownie recipe is frugal!
Brownie mixes can really add up, but now you can make this Homemade brownie recipe for less.
I can make up a batch of these brownies for under $.50.
What size pan to use
This recipe is for an 8×8 pan, but you could also use a 9×9 pan.
Now you can easily convert this recipe into a 9×13 pan if you need to feed a crowd. Just double the recipe.
SHOULD YOU USE A METAL OR GLASS PAN?
Either can be used but I prefer to use metal. They cook more evenly which helps the brownies not to become too brown.
I also like to use parchment paper when I bake. It helps make clean up easy.
How to Keep Brownies Fresh
Keep any leftover brownies inside an airtight container. You can keep them on the counter or in the refrigerator. For the freshest taste, they are best eaten within 2 days.
How to Freeze Brownies
You can easily freeze cut brownies. Tightly wrap the but brownies into individual servings. Then Place in the freezer bag. They will stay fresh for up to 3 months. You can thaw them on the counter or place them in the microwave for that fresh baked taste.
Can you make brownies without butter or oil?
You can try substituting apple sauce for the butter or oil in this recipe. The brownies will be healthier and the apple sauce makes the recipe moist and yummy.
The apple sauce blends well with the dutch processed cocoa powder and turns out wonderful.
Seriously, this recipe is the best and you can’t go wrong however you make it!
If you are looking for a good homemade brownie recipe, this is such an easy and tasty one to try. Yum!
I doubt you will ever buy store bought again. Those box mix brownies can’t compete with these brownies from scratch.
Easy brownie recipe variations:
- Add ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chip to the brownie batter.
- Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies by adding peanut butter morsels.
- Make Cheesecake Brownies.
- Top the brownies with chocolate frosting or this delicious Vanilla Buttercream frosting.
- Make Mini Brownies with this Mini Muffin Brownies Recipe – these are delicious and perfect for lunch boxes. Oh and they freeze great.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the brownies.
- Add nuts to this brownie recipe. I like to get a bag of these dry walnuts or you can use peanuts, pecans or whatever you prefer.
- Consider adding in dark chocolate chunks into the brownie batter.
This is a wonderful base recipe for brownies that taste pretty awesome just as they are. However, try adding some of these ideas for even more fabulous brownie ideas.
Get creative and let us know what delicious add on ideas you tried. This recipe is so wonderful and we just love using it year round.
Easy Homemade brownies.
Your family will enjoy eating these yummy brownies and you will love how easy and budget friendly they are. Whip up a batch of these brownies any day of the week in just minute.
They take hardly any time to make and are so frugal to put together. Make these for your family, class parties, gatherings and more.
Everyone will love these. We have even made them for birthdays because my kids love them so much!
Make Brownie Sundaes!
Another fun way to eat these delicious homemade brownies is to serve then with ice cream! We like to heat the brownie up a little or do this when they are just coming out of the oven.
Serve with ice cream on top.
Drizzle a little chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
I love this trio of Ghirardelli Squeeze Bottles. You get Caramel, Chocolate and White Chocolate. Can you tell we love brownies around here?
This box brownie recipe is better than any mix from the store. It is so delicious and such an easy recipe to make batches of brownies!
The best homemade brownies recipe
Since this recipe is so simple, I don’t mind making it often for the kids. I typically always have the ingredients already in the pantry so it is very simple to make in a pinch.
We have even had unexpected guests come over and I needed something sweet to serve at the last minute. This easy brownie recipe saved the day and my guests could not believe that I made brownies from scratch.
It is easy to make yummy desserts with this simple recipe.
This is sure to be a hit!
We also like to make these for after school snacks and lunch box treats. I like to make a big batch of dry brownie mix and keep it in my pantry.
It’s perfect to make brownies whenever you may need to or want to. It sure does make it easy!
Print recipe below:
Homemade Brownie Recipe
- ½ cup butter melted you can use ¼ cup of butter and it will still be yummy
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour you can use ¼ cup whole wheat and ¼ cup of regular flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan. (you can flour it too, but I don’t)
- Stir sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in the melted butter. Beat in ? cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder by hand.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these easy dessert recipes:
- Strawberry Pinch Cookies
- Homemade Twix Bars Cupcakes
- Fruity Pebbles Bars Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Recipe