If you are looking for an Old Fashioned Butterscotch Brownies recipe, this is sure to be a hit. Try this Homemade Butterscotch Brownies recipe for a real treat.
These Gooey Butterscotch Brownies do not disappoint and each bite is amazing. I could eat it by the spoonful! Cut these brownies into squares and make a dessert platter everyone will go crazy for!
If you like blondies, you are going to love this recipe for butterscotch brownies.
Skip those overpriced store bought treats and make these quick and easy brownies that are so delicious. My kids love to come home to these for the best after school treat. Sometimes, I also put squares in individual bags for quick lunch box treats. They are so much cheaper than store bought snacks and taste better too.
What is the difference between a brownie and a Blondie?
Brownies use cocoa powder and blondies do not. That is the main difference between these two.
- butter – make sure it is softened
- dark brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- butterscotch chips
How to make Butterscotch brownies:
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Get your pan ready and spray it with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. You will need a 9×13 pan.
- Second, get out a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together and beat until well combined. Once this is mixed well together, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix again to blend the eggs with the butter mixture.
- Next, you will need a separate bowl. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Combine this together.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until combined. I like to do this step by hand so that I don’t overmix.
- Finally, add the butterscotch chips and gently fold in.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut and enjoy!
How long will they keep?
The brownies will last up to 7 days if stored inside an airtight container.
We love butterscotch blondies recipe.
Tips for butterscotch blondies:
- Make sure you have a good pan. This recipe calls for a 9×13 baking dish. The ones with the lid are really handy if you are taking this dish somewhere.
- If you don’t have a wire rack, they are so handy to help cool the cake completely. I would definitely pick up a set if you don’t have any. They will get used a lot if you bake.
Try this delicious butterscotch brownies recipe.
This is one of the easiest brownie recipes. It is super quick and the brownies turn out so amazing. Try this recipe the next time you are craving something sweet but need something quick and simple.
The butterscotch chips taste so decadent in these brownies and make the best dessert.
Print this Easy Butterscotch blondies recipe below:
Homemade Butterscotch Brownies Recipe with Caramel Icing
- 1 cup Butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the four, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Then gradually stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture by hand until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Then gently stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan and then cut, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe