This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Once you try this Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe it will be an immediate family favorite! The simple ingredients make this simple sausage breakfast casserole the best!
This Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe is perfect for Christmas morning! There is something amazing about making a casserole the night before and knowing that when you wake up you can just simply plop it in the oven and breakfast is done!
Don’t you love an easy breakfast during the crazy months around the holidays. Enjoy breakfast filled with eggs, sausage and cheese with your family without doing a lot of work. You might also like Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole, Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe and Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole.
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
My kids love a good sausage breakfast casserole and this one is simple yet very delicious. The simple ingredients in this sausage, egg and cheese breakfast casserole combine to make a delicious but easy breakfast casserole.
Now I normally make this in my 9×13 pyrex baking dish, however, around the holidays when life gets crazy I like to use these 9×13 foil pans so I can just toss the pan away. No cleaning involved! In fact, I use them much more than I want to admit around the holidays!
Can you make this sausage casserole ahead of time?
One of my favorite things about breakfast casseroles is that you can make them ahead of time! So I like to mix them up when I have an extra pocket of time, since I tend to not function the best before coffee. 🙂 It only takes about 15 minutes to prep and mix it together and then I have breakfast waiting in the fridge!
An uncooked breakfast casserole can last in the fridge overnight and up to 24 hours before it needs to be baked. Simply prepare the casserole up until baking, just cover the pan place in the fridge. When you’re ready to bake it, uncover and bake as directed.
How to store breakfast casserole:
This easy breakfast casserole is so easy to store, too! If you happen to have leftovers, you can keep them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Or you can freeze them! Either freeze in an airtight container, ziplock bag or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Bring the casserole back to room temperature before warming back up.
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Ingredients:
- Frozen hash browns; thawed
- Breakfast Sausage
- Shredded Cheese
- chopped onion & tomatoes (Optional Garnish)
How to make Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe:
There are lots of ways to change up this recipe to make it work for your family. You can use turkey sausage or crumbled up bacon fro this recipe.
Also, I love mixing in some of my favorite vegetables to switch up the flavor in this recipe. I have added diced bell peppers, onions and mushrooms before and it was delicious.
Plus this recipe can be made with egg whites instead of whole eggs if you are trying to reduce fat or calories in this recipe.
Also, top with with your favorite type of cheese. I usually use shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese for this recipe and they’re both delicious!
Try this Sausage and Egg Casserole recipe today.
The holidays are just around the corner which gives you the perfect opportunity to give this easy breakfast casserole recipe a try! Sometimes, I make this Moist Banana Bread Recipe to go with it. It’s delicious!
If you like this casserole, try this amazing Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe.
Print this easy breakfast casserole below:
Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a pan, brown and crumble sausage.
- Drain any excess grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a baking dish, spread thawed hash browns into bottom of dish.
- Spread cooked sausage on top of hash browns.
- Pour egg mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Then take foil off and bake for additional 10 minute so the cheese begins to brown a little.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes. Then cut and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If you’re looking to cut the budget, these frugal breakfast ideas might help!
Try these other easy breakfast casseroles:
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Crock pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
You might like these breakfast recipes:
- Easy Breakfast Pizza
- Homemade Breakfast Burritos
- Crescent Roll Egg Muffins
- Pancake Muffins
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Baked Pancakes
- French Toast Muffins
- Mini Donut Muffins
- Easy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Tasty Breakfast Sandwiches
- Easy Breakfast for dinner ideas