This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Sausage, Cream cheese, and crescent rolls is all you need for this Easy Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole. It is simple but packed with flavor.
This Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole only requires 3 simple ingredients which makes it the perfect breakfast recipe. It is a simple and quick recipe that is always a family favorite.
Breakfast casseroles are perfect for an easy breakfast on the weekend, the holidays or if you are hosting a brunch. Check out these Breakfast Casserole Recipes that are layered with delicious ingredients and perfect served with a side of fruit salad.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
We enjoy making breakfast casseroles as they can be made in a variety of ways. They are great to make ahead of time and always very filling. I love making this French Toast Overnight Casserole for the perfect Christmas morning breakfast.
The savory flavor of this 3 Ingredient Sausage and Cream Cheese Casserole makes it the perfect casserole any day of the week.
- Breakfast Sausage
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Crescent Rolls (8 ounces each), refrigerated
For the full ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Variations and Additions:
This Breakfast Casserole is great the way it is made. But feel free to add in your favorite veggies or change the sausage to turkey sausage or pork sausage.
Here are some of our favorite additions:
- Bell Peppers
- Green Onions
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
We have even added in spices such as salt, pepper, and garlic powder. The options are endless which makes this casserole perfect for any occasion.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2 – Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat breaking it up as it cooks. Once it’s browned, drain off any excess grease.
Step 3 – Reduce the heat to low, dice in the cream cheese. Heat on low until melted and stir to combine the cream cheese with the browned sausage.
Step 4 – Unroll the crescent dough and press it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Seal the seams by pinching them together.
Step 5 – Pour and spread the sausage and cream mixture on top of the crescent roll layer.
- Step 6 – Place the second unrolled crescent roll on top of the sausage mixture. Pinch the seams together.
- Step 7 – Pinch the edges of the two crescent roll dough together around the edges.
- Step 8 – Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Step 9 – Serve warm and enjoy.
- Cooking Sausage – After cooking the sausage make sure to drain to remove any excess grease. You can even use the sausage crumbles that are already cooked to save time.
- Crescent Dough – Press the crescent roll dough completely in the bottom of the baking pan. This ensures that every bite has all the layers.
- Soggy Bottom – If you have a problem with the bottom layer not cooking completely, you may need to cover with aluminum foil. This allows the top to not burn while cooking all the way through.
Serve this sausage casserole with one of these family favorite side dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When you are ready to reheat, place individual servings in the microwave. Reheat large portions in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Prepare the sausage and mix with the cream cheese mixture and store in the fridge after it has cooled. Then when you are ready to prepare, layer in the crescent dough and bake for a quick and delicious breakfast casserole.
Place individual servings in a freezer safe container or you can freeze the entire pan for about 2 to 3 months. Make sure to cover with foil to prevent freezer burn.
More Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
- Vegetarian Breakfast Casseroles
- CrockPot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make these Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole, please leave us a comment or star review.
Sausage Cream Cheese Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 packages crescent rolls 8 ounces each, refrigerated
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat breaking it up as it cooks. Once it’s browned, drain off any excess grease.
- Reduce the heat to low, dice in the cream cheese. Heat on low until melted and stir to combine the cream cheese with the browned sausage.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and press it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Seal the seams by pinching them together.
- Pour and spread the sausage and cream mixture on top of the crescent roll layer.
- Place the second unrolled crescent roll on top of the sausage mixture. Pinch the seams together.
- Pinch the edges of the two crescent roll dough together around the edges.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe