This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Start with a can of cinnamon rolls and add cooked bacon for a amazing breakfast.
This bacon cinnamon roll recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavor. Cooked, crispy bacon is placed in the cinnamon rolls and then baked perfectly.
We used canned biscuits but you can use this recipe to make homemade cinnamon rolls if you prefer. Also try Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls. This will be an impressive dessert or breakfast that everyone will love.
These sticky, gooey cinnamon rolls taste amazing and one of my favorite ways to enjoy cinnamon rolls. Serve these with hot chocolate, coffee and a side of fruit salad.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – If you are looking for a twist on your canned cinnamon rolls, add bacon. No other ingredients are needed. There is no need to mess with active dry yeast, butter or flour is needed.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Feel free to use any brand of cinnamon rolls to make this recipe.
- Quick and Easy Breakfast – Surprise the kids for breakfast with a little extra flavor in their cinnamon rolls.
- Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls (12 ounces – 8 count)
- Slices Center Cut Bacon
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see recipe card for the full recipe.
Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Rolls Variations:
- Cinnamon Rolls – You can use any type of cinnamon rolls to make this recipe. Feel free to make your own cinnamon rolls loaded with brown sugar, dough, warm milk and more.
- Slices Bacon – There are many types of bacon you can choose from. I always buy a certain kind when making breakfast. I usually always have bacon stocked in the freezer for easy breakfast like this.
- Topping Cinnamon Rolls – We love to use the glaze that comes with the cinnamon roll package. But you can serve sprinkle with powdered sugar or maple syrup.
How to Make Bacon Cinnamon Rolls:
Step 1 – Cook the strips of bacon in the skillet. Fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes per side until it is cooked through and starting to become crispy.
Step 2 – Remove the bacon strips from the pan. Then place on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess bacon grease.
Step 3 – Open the package of cinnamon rolls and unroll the cinnamon rolls on a work surface. Lay a slice of bacon over each cinnamon roll.
Step 4 – Place the prepared cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish or pie pan.
- Step 5 – Bake Cinnamon Rolls – Bake based on the package instructions in the oven. These cinnamon rolls usually take about 15 minutes to bake.
- Step 6 – Chop Bacon – While the cinnamon rolls are baking, chop up the remaining bacon.
- Step 7 – Top the Cinnamon Rolls – Top the warmed cinnamon rolls with the frosting from the package. Also adding the pieces of bacon.
- Step 8 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy!
What to Serve with Bacon Cinnamon Rolls?
These bacon cinnamon rolls can be served with many different side dish. These cinnamon rolls would be great served for a holiday breakfast, brunch or after dinner dessert.
These are some of our favorite side dishes.
- Scrambled Eggs
- Fruit Salad
- Breakfast Sausage
Cinnamon Rolls with Bacon Recipe Tips:
- Bacon – Cook bacon crispy for best results. You can easily prepare the bacon ahead of time and store in the fridge. Make sure to remove any excess grease before placing in the cinnamon rolls.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Remove the cinnamon rolls from the cinnamon roll package. Place the cream cheese frosting to the side. Unroll each cinnamon roll and place bacon on top. Roll the cinnamon roll and place in prepared baking dish.
- Baking Cinnamon Rolls – Bake the Cinnamon Rolls until they are golden brown. Make sure to not over cook them so they are still soft when serving.
These are best served fresh, but you can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 5 days. Make sure to cover with plastic wrap when storing. You can reheat in the microwave for a delicious breakfast.
This is a great recipe to prepare ahead of time. You can easily prepare your bacon and then add to your uncooked cinnamon rolls. Then place the cinnamon rolls in a baking dish to allow to double in size.
You can then place in the fridge until you are ready to bake. Cooking time may change since the cinnamon rolls will be cold.
More Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment or a star review if you try these Bacon Cinnamon Rolls.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls 12 ounces – 8 count
- 10 Slices Center Cut Bacon
- Cook the bacon in the skillet. Fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes per side until it is cooked through and starting to become crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
- Use extra paper towels to pat down on the bacon to remove any excess grease from the bacon.
- Open the package of cinnamon rolls and unroll the cinnamon rolls on a work surface. Lay a slice of bacon over each cinnamon roll.
- Then re-roll each of the cinnamon rolls bacon with the strip of bacon inside (line a pinwheel).
- Place the prepared cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish or pie pan.
- Bake based on the package instructions.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, chop up the remaining bacon.
- Top the warmed cinnamon rolls with the frosting from the package and the chopped bacon.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe