This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
I’m always looking for easy breakfast ideas and this Easy Breakfast Casserole with Bacon Recipe is just that. This simple casserole is easy to throw together and a filling breakfast idea.
Just like my French Toast Casserole and Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe you can actually assemble this the night before. Then, it’s all ready to be cooked in the morning. However, you can make this the morning off too!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
This hearty breakfast casserole is loaded with flavor and can easily be made ahead of time. It is the perfect casserole to feed my large family for a weekend breakfast or a holiday brunch.
We love to serve topped with sour cream and chopped green onions.
- Diced Onion
- Large Eggs
- Diced Green Bell Pepper
- Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Scroll to the bottom to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Change Meat – Try other types of meat to make this casserole. Breakfast Sausage is a good option but you can also use diced ham mixed into this casserole.
- Remove the Meat – Omit the meat for Meatless Monday.
- Hashbrowns – Try different types of hash browns- diced, shredded, etc to make this hash brown casserole. You can even layer in tater tots.
- Use different types of cheese– Monterrey Jack, Colby, sharp cheddar and others are all delicious in this breakfast casserole. We have even used mozzarella, Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese.
- Vegetables – Add more veggies to the casserole mixture. We have added in sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach or red bell peppers.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Fry bacon in large skillet. Remove and pour out grease. Once bacon is cooled, crumble into small pieces.
Step 2 – In the same pan, sauté onion and green pepper until tender (this adds some nice bacon-y flavor to your onions and peppers).
Step 3 – In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, hash browns, cheese, salt and pepper. Add in crumbled bacon, onions and peppers.
Step 4 – Pour mixture into greased 13×9 pan. Bake at 350 F (177 C) for 35-45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. If you are making this the night before, simply cover with aluminum foil once you add egg mixture to pan. Refrigerate until ready to bake. Serve and enjoy.
- Cook Bacon – Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Drain the excess grease from the pan and from the bacon.
- Cook Vegetables – Cook the vegetables in the same skillet until tender. Make sure to chop the vegetables about the same size so they cook evenly. You can also chop vegetables ahead of time and freeze. Learn all the tips on How to Freeze Vegetables.
- Make Ahead – This is the perfect breakfast casserole to prepared for Christmas Morning Breakfast. Pour the casserole in the baking dish and then cover and store in the fridge.
How to Know When Casserole is Cooked:
You will know when the egg casserole recipe is cooked is when the casserole is set and the edges are golden brown.
Everything you need for breakfast is baked in a baking dish. You have bacon, eggs and hash browns. You really do not need much else but maybe some fresh fruit. We love this Easy Tropical Fruit Salad.
We also love this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole for a rich and hearty side dish.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store your leftover breakfast casserole in an airtight container in the fridge. This casserole will last about 4 days.
Reheat the leftovers in the microwave in 1 minute intervals until heated through. If you have a lot leftover, we recommend reheating the oven.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas:
- French Toast Sticks recipe
- Easy Scrambled Egg Muffins
- Easy Pancake Muffins Recipe
- Easy Quiche Recipe
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- Check out more of our favorite overnight breakfast casserole recipes.
We love hearing from you. If you make this easy breakfast casserole recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Fry bacon in skillet. Remove and pour out grease. Once bacon is cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- In the same pan, saute onion and green pepper until tender (this adds some nice bacon-y flavor to your onions and peppers).
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, hash browns, cheese, salt and pepper. Add in crumbled bacon, onions and peppers.
- Pour mixture into greased 13×9 pan.
- Bake at 350 F (177 C) for 35-45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- If you are baking in the morning, simply cover with foil once you add egg mixture to pan. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe