This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This French Toast Sticks recipe will be your new go-to breakfast. They’re super simple to make and freeze perfectly for those hectic mornings. Not to mention that their flavor is out of this world.
Whether you make a batch and eat them right away or you freeze them, you will save money and time in your kitchen with this quick and easy breakfast recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
You will never buy those store-bought packages of frozen French toast sticks again. All you need is a few ingredients and you can serve your family a delicious breakfast that is budget friendly with these homemade French toast sticks.
Serve with pancake syrup for dipping the French Toast Sticks in with a side of sausage for a complete breakfast idea.
- Texas toast
- Heavy cream or milk
- Vanilla Extract
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Bread Type – We recommend using a thicker cut slice of bread to make these French Toast Sticks. Use brioche, Texas Toast or Sourdough Bread.
- Toppings – These French Sticks are delicious topped with butter, powder sugar, and maple syrup.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add in the cinnamon and sugar until well mixed.
Step 2 – Cut each slice of the Texas toast into three thick slices. A pizza cutter makes this super quick, plus the kids can help!
Step 3 – Melt butter in your skillet over medium-high heat. You can also use cooking spray instead of melted butter.
Step 4 – Place your Texas toast sticks into your egg batter and flip over with tongs until well covered in a shallow dish.
Step 5 – Use your tongs to transfer the sticks to your skillet.
Step 6 – Cook until golden brown on each side. Serve with fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the egg mixture in a bowl until well combined.
- Slicing Bread – We recommend slicing the bread in about the same size pieces with a pizza cutter. You can also use a knife.
- Heat Skillet – Before placing the French Toast slices in the skillet, make sure to heat butter in a skillet. This helps to create a crispy texture and prevents the bread from sticking to the skillet.
- Bread Type – To make French Toast, we recommend to use stale bread for best results.
Make sure to serve with your favorite toppings for a complete breakfast idea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last about 4 days if stored properly.
When I am wanting to freeze French toast sticks, I use this electric griddle to make 3 batches of this recipe and then allow them to cool in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Once they are cooled I place them in the freezer on the baking sheet and allow them to freeze completely while still on the cookie sheet. This usually takes approximately 1 hour.
Once they’re individually frozen, place them in a gallon-size freezer bag. Freezer bag holders make it so easy to pop the frozen French toast sticks in the bag.
When you are ready to reheat, you just pull out exactly how many cinnamon french toasts sticks you need and reheat. Then Reheat in the microwave on high for about a minute, or preheat oven to 350 degrees and reheat for about 10 to 15 minutes. You can also pop them in the toaster!
Try these other French Toast Recipes:
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Easy Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- Nutella French Toast Recipe
- Baked French Toast Muffins Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Stuffed French Toast
Try these French Toast Sticks for an easy breakfast idea. Make sure to come back and leave us a comment or a star review.
French Toast Sticks
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add in the sugar and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Slice each piece of Texas toast into three thick slices. A pizza cutter makes this super quick, plus the kids can help!
- Melt butter in your skillet over medium-high heat. You can also use cooking spray instead of melted butter.
- Place your Texas toast sticks into your egg batter and flip over with tongs until well covered
- Use your tongs to transfer the sticks to your skillet
- Cook on each side until golden brown
- Serve with fresh strawberries and maple syrup
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe