This French Toast Sticks recipe will be your new go-to breakfast! They’re super simple to make and freeze perfectly for those hectic mornings! Not to mention that their flavor is out of this world!
We are all about breakfast over here. One day I bought some french toast sticks from the freezer section in the grocery store and my kids absolutely loved them. That’s all well and good, but I didn’t love the price!
So I got to thinking. They were just frozen slices of bread, why couldn’t I make these at home? That was when this recipe was born and we haven’t looked back since!
One thing I love about this recipe is that you can make huge batches of these french toast sticks and then freeze them. After they’re frozen you can reheat them in the microwave or in the oven.
Whether you make a batch and eat them right away or you freeze them, you will save money and time in your kitchen with this easy french toast recipe. Who doesn’t want that?!
These Cinnamon French Toast Sticks are perfect for those crazy mornings, where there just doesn’t seem to be enough time. Just pull them out of the freezer, reheat and you’re off! They’re easily eaten with your fingers (no plate required!) and dipped into maple syrup.
I love making my own pancake syrup and it’s tastes great with this recipe too!
Easy to make Cinnamon French Toast Sticks!
Every time I eat these I am reminded of a cinnamon donut. The only difference it that with these you get to drown them in as much maple syrup as your heart desires. We also like to top ours with fresh strawberries. I guess it makes me feel a little less guilty for all the maple syrup!
If you want a more rounded out breakfast, serve these with some scrambled eggs and bacon.
If you have stale bread on hand, this recipe is the perfect way to use it up instead of tossing it out. The stale bread doesn’t soak up as much of the egg mixture as fresh bread does.
This basically means you’ll end up with a crispier, more firm french toast stick that is perfect for dunking in maple syrup!
Ingredients for French Toast Sticks:
- Texas toast
- Heavy cream or milk
- Vanilla Extract
You will also need:
How to make French Toast Sticks:
1. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add in the sugar and cinnamon until well mixed.
2. Cut each slice of the Texas toast into three thick slices. A pizza cutter makes this super quick, plus the kids can help!
3. Melt butter in your skillet over medium-high heat. You can also use cooking spray instead of melted butter.
4. Place your Texas toast sticks into your egg batter and flip over with tongs until well covered.
5. Use your tongs to transfer the sticks to your skillet.
6. Cook until golden brown on each side.
7. Serve with fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
Homemade Frozen French Toast Sticks:
You will never buy those store-bought packages of frozen french toast sticks again! When I am wanting to freeze french toast sticks, I use this electric griddle to make 3 batches of this recipe and then allow them to cool in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Once they are cooled I place them in the freezer on the baking sheet and allow them to freeze completely while still on the cookie sheet. This usually takes approximately 1 hour.
Once they’re individually frozen, place them in a gallon-size freezer bag. These freezer bag holders make it so easy to pop the frozen french toast sticks in the bag.
When you are ready to reheat, you just pull out exactly how many cinnamon french toasts sticks you need and reheat.
Reheat in the microwave on high for about a minute, or preheat oven to 350 degrees and reheat for about 10 to 15 minutes. You can also pop them in the toaster!
If you make these ahead and then freeze, you can have an easy and mess-free breakfast for your kids any day of the week!
Remember, if you don’t want sticks, you can turn this french toast sticks recipe into a very easy and simple french toast recipe just by not cutting the bread. It is that easy!
Print this French Toast Sticks Recipe and Nutritional Information below:
French Toast Sticks
- 10 slices Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Add in the sugar and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Slice each piece of Texas toast into three thick slices. A pizza cutter makes this super quick, plus the kids can help!
- Melt butter in your skillet over medium-high heat. You can also use cooking spray instead of melted butter.
- Place your Texas toast sticks into your egg batter and flip over with tongs until well covered
- Use your tongs to transfer the sticks to your skillet
- Cook on each side until golden brown
- Serve with fresh strawberries and maple syrup
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other French Toast Recipes:
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Easy Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- Nutella French Toast Recipe
- Baked French Toast Muffins Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Stuffed French Toast