This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn How to Make Cinnamon Toast the best way for a classic and delicious recipes. It is the perfect breakfast or snack idea.
Easy Cinnamon Toast Recipe:
Cinnamon Toast Recipe is a classic breakfast that I had growing up. Slices of bread are topped with a cinnamon sugar mixture that is full of flavors. This bread comes out crispy and makes the perfect breakfast.
This is one of the easiest breakfast your will make. You can use any type of bread and everyone is always excited when we make this bread before school.
You can easily serve this cinnamon toast with eggs, fruit and side of bacon for a complete meal idea. These steps are easy and I am sure it will take you back to your childhood.
- Slices Bread
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make Cinnamon Toast:
Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – In a small bowl, stir together the butter, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Step 2 – Spread Mixture – Spread the mixture evenly on one side of each of the pieces of bread.
- Step 3 – Baking Sheet — Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Step 4 – Toast Bread – Broil on high for 4-5 minutes. Keep in the broiler until the sugar is bubbling and the toast is a golden brown. Watch the bread closely while it’s broiling so that it doesn’t burn.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the toast from the oven. Slice them in half and enjoy.
- Combining butter mixture – You can combine the mixture together or keep everything separate. Spread the butter and then sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on the bread.
- Broil Toast – Make sure after adding the bread to the oven, that you set a time. When using the broil option on the oven, it doesn’t take long to cook. Keep bread from burning by watching closely. If you prefer you can just bake it.
- Shaker – We like to keep a shaker jar of the cinnamon and sugar mixture to quickly add to the bread slices.
- Softened Butter – To help keep the butter mixture soft and cream, we recommend soften the butter. Keep at room temperature then mix with the other ingredients.
What type of Bread is best?
You can use any type of bread that you prefer. We used white bread but it is also delicious with other options. Try making cinnamon toast with one of the following:
- Brioche bread
- French Banquette
- Wheat Bread
What to Serve with Cinnamon Toast:
This cinnamon toast is great served many different delicious sides. These are some of our favorite sides:
- Bacon – Oven baked bacon is so quick and saves you time from standing over a hot stove. Learn how to cook bacon in the oven in minutes.
- Sausage – We love making sausage to serve with Cinnamon Toast. You can make sausage patties or sausage links for a quick side dish.
- Eggs – These Egg Bites are one of my favorites breakfast items when I am there for coffee. Now I can make at home with this gluten-free copycat recipe. These pair perfectly with cinnamon toast. Makes it a complete breakfast.
- Omelet – Make a omelet with chopped vegetables and meat to serve with this cinnamon toast. I like adding a side of protein to make sure my kids start the day full.
- Yogurt – Easy fruit and yogurt parfait has layers of creamy yogurt, granola and fresh fruit. Make these in advance for a quick breakfast or snack on the go.
- Butter Mixture – You can easily add more flavor to the butter mixture. Mix in a tablespoons of vanilla extract or a pinch of salt.
- Spread – You can easily spread the butter, cinnamon and sugar on other breakfast items. Try it on French toast or pancakes.
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Toast – You can easily try to air fry the cinnamon toast for a quick breakfast.
- Toaster – I have even toasted the bread and then spread the cinnamon mixture on top. It is even good in your toaster oven.
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best served immediately. But you can store them for a few days at room temperature in an airtight container or bag.
Simple and Delicious Cinnamon Toast:
If you have never had cinnamon sugar toast, you are in for a real treat. It taste like cinnamon toast crunch cereal but in a bread form. The texture of the toast will have you making every weekend.
My kids love it and they are always happy when I serve it on the weekends. I like to make sure that the cinnamon and sugar ratio is perfect because the combination is perfect.
If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast idea that is budget friendly, follow these steps. Add a side of bacon and eggs for a complete breakfast idea.
Print Recipe for How to Make Cinnamon Toast:
How to Make Cinnamon Toast
- 4 Slices Bread
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter softened
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture evenly on one side of each of the pieces of bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes until the sugar is bubbling and the toast is a golden brown. Watch the bread closely while it’s broiling so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the toast from the oven. Slice them in half and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe