This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Stuffed French toast recipe is so decadent with the best strawberry cream cheese filling. You will love how easy it is and the results are so delicious.
Stuffed French toast recipe
French toast is super easy to make and your family will go crazy over this stuffed version. If you thought regular French toast was good, you will think this recipe is out of this world.
The cream cheese filling is so creamy and tasty. Enjoy this at home in minutes and for a fraction of the cost of restaurants.
Stuffed french toast seems to always be so pricey on the menu. Maybe it’s because it looks fancy? Either way, it is SO easy to make and really inexpensive at home!
If you have a few extra minutes, we love making homemade pancake syrup. It tastes great with this recipe too.
Let’s get started!
Stuffed french toast ingredients:
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- brown sugar
- Texas toast (or any thick artisan like bread)
- cream cheese softened
- powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries sliced thin
How to make cream cheese stuffed French toast:
First, you need a shallow bowl to mix the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
Next, whisk until everything is well combined. Go ahead and set this aside for later.
In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar. You want this really smooth and mixed together well.
Now, take two slices of bread and spread some of the cream cheese mixture onto each piece of bread. Try to keep the mixture in the middle and not around the edges. This will help once you are frying it.
The strawberries need to be dry so you don’t add extra moisture to the french toast. Just use a paper towel to dry them to remove any excess juices.
Once they are dry, layer some of the strawberries in a single layer on one piece of bread and place. Add the other piece of bread on top.
Lastly, melt the butter in a large skillet. While this is melting, dip each sandwich in the mixture until fully coated. Quickly transfer French toast to the hot, greased skillet.
This part needs to be done quickly because if you let it sit in the mixture too long, it will get soggy and fall apart.
Cook until golden brown and serve with your favforite toppings.
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup or try making homemade syrup.
- Fresh fruit. Strawberries and blueberries are great options.
- Whipped cream. We have an easy homemade whipped cream recipe that is delicious.
- Cinnamon sugar mixture sprinkled on top is also tasty.
We also love overnight french toast recipe.
Find more breakfast recipes that your family will love.
Print cream cheese stuffed french toast recipe:
Kid Friendly Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk well until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and well combined, about 1 minute.
- Take two slices of bread and spread about 1 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture onto each piece of bread keeping clear of the edges.
- Pat strawberries dry with a paper towel to soak up any excess juices. Layer strawberries in a single layer on one piece of bread and place the other piece of bread on top..
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each “sandwich” in egg mixture until fully coated. Quickly transfer French toast to the hot, greased skillet.
- Cook each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until each golden brown.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar, maple syrup fresh strawberries, or whipped cream .
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try more French toast recipes:
- Overnight French Toast Casserole recipe
- Easy Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- Cinnamon French Toast
- Nutella French Toast Recipe
- Baked French Toast Muffins Recipe
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- French Toast Sticks recipe