This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Banana Bread French Toast is the perfect combination. The classic flavors of banana bread makes this French Toast recipe so rich and decadent.
Easy Banana Bread French Toast Recipe:
This banana bread French Toast recipe is the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe. If you love banana bread recipes, then your are going to love this French Toast Recipe.
This recipe is so easy as we start with premade slices of banana bread. The bread soak in a egg mixture for a delicious recipe. The French Toast is cooked with the crispy texture but still be soft on the inside.
Add your favorite French Toast toppings for a delicious breakfast idea.
Check out this Cinnamon French Toast for a delicious recipe.
Can you Make French Toast with Banana Bread?
Yes, it is one of our favorite ways to make French Toast. We love banana bread and so it makes sense to create French Toast with it. The slices are thick and the flavor is rich, which makes the perfect French Toast Recipe.
- Banana Bread
- Large Eggs
- Whole Milk
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Banana Bread French Toast:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Step 2 – Slice Banana Bread – Slice the banana bread into approximately 1 inch thick slices. Then lay the slices in a 9X13 baking dish. You can also place in a baking sheet.
- Step 3 – Pour Mixture – Pour the egg mixture on top of the bread. Let the bread sit for 1-2 minutes. You may have to work in batches depending on the sizes of the banana bread and pan.
- Step 4 – Heat Griddle – Preheat a skillet over medium heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or use a large griddle). Grease the griddle or pan with the butter.
- Step 5 – Cook French Toast – Then place the coated banana bread slices on the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides. Work in batches if needed.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve warm topped with syrup and fresh bananas. Enjoy!
- Slicing Banana Bread – If you have a whole loaf of banana bread, we recommend slicing in about the same size. This way it cooks evenly and serving is a breeze.
- Soaking Bread – Only soak the bread for about 1 to 2 minutes. Do not soak to long as it could cause the bread to be soggy. You can place the bread in a shallow bowl or a baking dish.
- Heat Griddle – Before placing the bread on the griddle, make sure to heat and melt butter. This prevents the bread from sticking and creates a delicious texture.
- Cook Bread – Cook each side of the bread on the griddle. You will know that you bread is done cook when it is golden brown.
Toppings for Banana Bread French Toast:
This Banana Bread French Toast has a rich taste so you can eat it right off the skillet. But if you prefer add one of these delicious toppings for added flavor. These are some of our favorites.
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Banana Slices
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Banana Bread – We used premade banana bread but you can make this recipe with homemade banana bread. This would be the the breakfast to make with leftover banana bread.
- Brown Sugar – Feel free to add in brown sugar to the milk mixture. It provides a warm flavor and is so delicious.
What to Serve with Banana Bread French Toast?
Banana Bread French Toast is a great option for breakfast or brunch. I love to serve with all of our favorite breakfast sides for a sweet and savory combination.
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven – While you are cooking your French Toast on the griddle, make your bacon in the oven. It is a lot less messy and cooks crispy and flavorful.
- Sausage – Slice some breakfast sausage with a side of fruit for the perfect combination.
- Easy Egg McMuffin Bites – Enjoy Breakfast egg muffins for a hearty breakfast that is quick and perfect on the go. These muffin cups are so easy and you can customize with your favorite ingredients.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Easy French Toast Recipes:
Print Recipe for Banana Bread French Toast Recipes:
Banana Bread French Toast
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Slice the banana bread into approximately 1 inch thick slices and lay the slices in a 9X13 baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the bread. Let the bread sit for 1-2 minutes. You may have to work in batches depending on the sizes of the banana bread and pan.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or use a large skillet). Grease the griddle or pan with the butter.
- Then place the coated banana bread slices on the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown on both sides. Work in batches if needed.
- Serve warm topped with syrup and fresh bananas. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe