This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy Breakfast egg muffins for a hearty breakfast that is quick and perfect on the go. These muffin cups are so easy and you can customize with your favorite ingredients.
Breakfast egg muffins
Looking for some easy breakfast ideas to change up your boring breakfast? No problem because I have a really easy and tasty idea. This breakfast egg muffins recipe is so delicious and perfect for busy mornings.
They are slightly different than my scrambled egg muffins recipe because we line the muffin cups with crescent rolls first! The kids just love them.
Crescent rolls are so light and fluffy and really make this recipe amazing.
I love these egg muffins because they change up the boring routine and make morning a bit more fun.
We are always looking for creative ways to make school mornings easier. This recipe is a winner for sure.
I think you will love breakfast egg cups.
Let’s get started with this easy recipe. It is so tasty.
- Crescent rolls (12 count)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to make breakfast egg muffin cups:
First, preheat the oven. Now, get your muffin pan ready. Spray the pan with cooking spray.
You can also use paper liners or cupcake lines if you prefer.
Second, roll out the crescents and push the seams together. Cut into 12 even squares.
Next, place a crescent square in each of the muffin cups.
Add the diced bacon to the crescent in each muffin.
Finally, whisk the eggs, milk, cheese and seasonings together. Pour the egg mixture on top of the bacon. Don’t overfill the cups. I like to add the egg mixture until it is about ¾ full. You can use egg whites if you prefer.
Bake these little muffins and get ready for a great breakfast. It normally takes right under 20 minutes until the eggs are firm.
Once they are out of the oven, let them sit for a few minutes before serving.
Note- The egg muffins will rise while cooking but they will settle back into each cup as the sit.
- Use crumbled sausage instead of bacon. Or try both for meat lovers.
- Meat free option- omit the meat all together.
- Veggies- Add diced onion, red pepper, green pepper, green onion, mushroom, spinach and more. Anything you like!
- Cheese- Cheddar, mozzarella, colby and pepperjack make great options.
These are perfect to freeze and enjoy for a quick breakfast. Just place in a freeze bag for later. When ready to eat, I suggest letting them thaw over night in the fridge and then reheating in the microwave for a really quick breakfast option.
Try these for meal planning. You can make a bunch of them ahead of time and then keep them in your fridge to use on other mornings. They heat up in minutes for quick and easy breakfasts.
You can even make these to take while traveling. They are great for vacation and more.
Try crescent roll egg cups today!
Everyone loves this and it is so convenient for busy mornings. I love that I can give my family a healthy breakfast that is high in protein in less than 25 minutes. They are so delicious and remind me of mini frittatas.
Let us know once you try this tasty protein packed meal. I think you are going to really love it.
Print this breakfast egg muffin recipe:
Easy Breakfast Egg muffins Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out the crescent rolls, press the seams together and cut into 12 even squares.
- Place the crescent roll square into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle the diced up bacon on top of the crescent roll square in each muffin square.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture evenly into the muffin cups on top of the diced bacon until the cup is approximately ¾ full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the eggs are firm.
- Let set for 5 minutes and then enjoy. Note: The egg cups will rise in the oven while they are cooking but they will settle back into the muffin cups as they sit.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy Breakfast ideas:
- Easy Breakfast Recipes for Back to School
- Easy Breakfast for Dinner ideas
- Easy Scrambled Egg Muffins
- French Toast Sticks recipe
- Overnight French Toast Casserole Recipe
- Baked Pancakes
- The BEST Homemade Pancake and Waffle Mix