Here is my version of Homemade Pancake Syrup. I tried a few recipes in the past and failed. I wanted something that was thick, but not too thick… sweet but not too sweet. I think I finally figured it out. This doesn’t make much, so it is perfect to whip up on a Sunday morning.
You only need a few ingredients:
- Maple Flavoring – I originally bought at grocery store, but it is priced better online.
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
- Corn Syrup
That is it!! You probably already have many of these ingredients in your pantry.
If you double or triple this Homemade pancake syrup recipe, I would let it boil for a little longer so it thickens up nicely for you. Then you can place it in a container for future breakfasts.
We originally just made a “homemade” label (made with love) for an old syrup container, but this thing is hard to pour into and impossible to clean. We are getting one of these Syrup dispensers. This will be MUCH easier to make and use.
This Homemade Pancake recipe definitely can save you some money. Syrup is expensive and we rarely find good coupons to pancake syrup. PLUS, you know exactly what you are pouring over your pancakes. 😉
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon maple flavoring
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring and vanilla.
- Cool for 15 minutes (it will thicken more as it cools).
- Serve over pancakes, waffles or French toast. YUMMY!
I hope you enjoy the recipe. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already (with the exception of the maple flavoring). Try it this weekend and come back, leave a comment and let us know how much you love it!! I BET… you will never buy store bought pancake syrup again!
We have deemed this the BEST Homemade Pancake Mix and Waffle mix that there is.