This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
When Autumn finally gets here, I love pumpkin recipes! They are delicious and make everything taste like Fall. On a chilly Saturday morning, my family enjoys these Easy Pumpkin Pancakes. I know you’ll enjoy them as well.
The Best Pumpkin Pancake Recipe:
These are the best pumpkin pancakes from scratch. These are some of the most decadent pancakes I have ever had. They are almost more like dessert than breakfast.
These pancakes are light and fluffy and an easy breakfast idea especially during the fall months. You are going to love these pumpkin spice pancakes. This recipe is super easy to make because I simply added a few pumpkin ingredients to our regular homemade pancake mix.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Pancake Mix:
I used to buy expensive prepackaged pancake mixes until I decided to make my own. Then I learned that making your own is very easy and this mix makes perfect pancakes (and waffles) every time.
For these reasons, it is the ONLY mix I ever use now! I make up a large batch so I know I can have pancakes and waffles anytime.
Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes Tips:
Use these tips to make the perfect pumpkin pancakes for your family!
- Make your pancake mix the night before. Just store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use in the morning.
- These pancakes can be made in different sizes. Sometimes I like making big ones and other times I like making small ones. Whichever size you make, your family will love them.
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The pumpkin pie filling doesn’t work well with this recipe.
- You can also add in some mini or regular chocolate chips to the pumpkin pancake batter.
Perfect Pumpkin Spice Pancakes:
I promise that this recipe is not overly complicated. You don’t have to worry about adding in the dry ingredients at the perfect time or getting the right amount of baking soda for perfect pancakes like some other recipes out there.
I hope you’ll love these pumpkin pancakes as much as much as my entire family does.
Pancake Topping Ideas:
We love changing up the topping on these Pumpkin Pancakes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Fresh Blueberries
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Sauce
- Toasted Pecans
Ingredients for easy pumpkin pancakes:
These simple ingredients that are probably in your pantry. Trust me, you can definitely make this easy recipe.
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pure Pumpkin
How to Make Pumpkin Pancakes:
The pancakes will be light and fluffy and packed with tons of delicious pumpkin flavor. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Heat griddle over low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Mix Dry Ingredients – Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Step 3 – Stir Wet Ingredients – Then gradually stir together all wet ingredients in a large bowl whisk melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and pure pumpkin.
- Step 4 – Mix Dry and Wet Ingredients together – Once wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, slowly add in dry ingredients, stirring until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Step 5 – Pour Pancake Batter on griddle – Pour about ¼ cup – ½ cup of pancake batter onto hot griddle. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the edges look dry and bubbles start to pop up in the batter.
- Step 6 – Flip Pancakes – Then flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes until slightly browned and cooked in the middle.
- Step 7 – Continue Cooking – Repeat this process until all of the batter is used.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve pancakes warm topped with butter and syrup. You can place on a baking sheet to serve.
Canned vs Fresh Pumpkin:
In this recipe you can use canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin. Just make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling for this recipe. When substituting the pure pumpkin for canned pumpkin, you can use the same amount.
Use 1 cup of canned pumpkin for 1 cup of pure pumpkin.
Pumpkin Pancake Additions:
This pancake recipe can be changed by adding in different ingredients for flavor and texture.
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts
- Diced fresh fruit such as bananas or blueberries
How to Reheat Leftovers Pancakes:
If you have leftovers pancakes, you can reheat easily in the microwave. This is the easiest way and in about 20 seconds your pancakes are ready to enjoy.
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Pancakes?
Did you know that you can freeze pancakes and reheat them easily for quick breakfast ideas? Yes you can!
Anytime I make pancakes, I prepare a double batch so I can freeze the leftovers and have a quick and easy breakfast for my family for a busy weekdays.
The kids are always excited when I serve them these delicious pancakes!
Print this easy Pumpkin Pancakes recipe below:
- Heat griddle over low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients; flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Then gradually stir together all wet ingredients: melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and pure pumpkin.
- Once wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed, slowly add in dry ingredients, stirring until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the edges look dry and bubbles start to pop up in the batter.
- Then flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes until slightly browned and cooked in the middle.
- Repeat this process until all of the batter is used.
- Serve warm topped with butter and syrup. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe