This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
I love all things Pumpkin. With this great Pumpkin French Toast recipe. My entire family can now enjoy one of my favorite breakfast foods with pumpkin flavors as well.
Easy Pumpkin Spice French Toast Recipe:
We are continuing our fun with another delicious pumpkin recipe. Today we are making a super easy pumpkin French toast recipe, and I don’t think you will be disappointed.
If you love pumpkin and you love french toast then this recipe is for you. This French toast recipe is perfect brunch or breakfast. Add your favorite toppings such as chocolate or caramel sauce.
We love fall recipes that are full of pumpkin recipes. Add your favorite sides for a complete meal meal.
Easy Pumpkin French Toast Casserole:
You can even make this delicious recipe into a baked french toast recipe. It would be the perfect recipe to make for a holiday breakfast. Check out Overnight French Toast Casserole recipe and add canned pumpkin.
Bread cubes are mixed with whole milk, heavy cream and vanilla to create a delicious casserole.
- White Bread (Texas Toast or French Bread)
- Pumpkin Puree (We make our own pumpkin puree)
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice (Try making your own Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- Butter (for skillet)
How to make Pumpkin french toast:
- Step 1 – Mix Ingredients – First, in a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, and brown sugar. Then add in vanilla extract and pumpkin spice until well blended.
- Step 2 – Pour Pumpkin Mixture a pie plate – Then transfer this egg mixture to a shallow baking dish. We recommend like a pie plate or shallow baking pan.
- Step 3 – Heat Skillet – Next pre-heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat (or electric griddle). Then place a small pat of butter in skillet.
- Step 4 – Dip Bread – When the butter melts, dip a piece of bread slices in the egg mixture. Allowing the mixture to absorb for a couple of seconds into the bread.
- Step 5 – Flip Bread – Then flip the bread over and dip the other side.
- Step 6 – Cook Bread – Next cook the bread in skillet or griddle until bottom is browned.
- Step 7 – Flip Bread – Then flip to cook other side until browned.
- Step 8 – Add your Toppings – Finally, dust the pumpkin French toast with powdered sugar or serve with butter and syrup. Enjoy!
Pumpkin French Toast Toppings:
These Pumpkin French Toast are even better with your favorite topping. Try one of these options for added flavor.
- Fresh strawberries
- Powdered Sugar
- Puree Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped Pecans
- Sliced Almonds
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Streusel Topping
- Powdered Sugar
Best Bread for French Toast:
Feel free to use favorite bread to make this perfect fall breakfast. We used White Bread sandwich bread but these are our other recommendations. We recommend thick slices for best results.
- Texas Toast
- French Bread
- Challah or Brioche
French Toast Tips:
- Preheat Skillet – The secret to getting the golden edges is to preheat your pan before using.
- Bread – Day old bread is best in this recipe. Fresh bread dissolves more quickly in the egg mixture and becomes soggy. This is a great way to use bread that is getting stale. It will make fabulous French toast.
- Dipping into Mixture – Be careful that you do not soak the bread too long in the mixture. This will result in the French toast losing its shape during cooking.
What to Serve with this Pumpkin French Toast:
- Serve Eggs – If you are wanting some protein in your breakfast, I like to serve this with scrambled eggs.
- Add Meat – Add a serving of sausage or bacon. The addition of these items help make the breakfast a more well rounded meal for your family.
- Dipping Sausage – I love dipping the sausage or bacon in the left over syrup on my plate. I love the sweetness that the syrup adds to them.
How to Freeze French Toast:
French toast freezes great. I like to make at least a double batch of this recipe (or even 3-4 batches) when I make it. I freeze the leftovers so I have an easy breakfast on hand for busy and hectic weekday mornings.
To freeze the leftovers, I put them on the cooking sheet or large baking dish. Then I put them in the freezer for at least an hour on this sheet to flash freeze. They don’t stick together in the freezer bag.
After this time, I remove the bread from the cooking sheet. Store them in a freezer bag until I’m ready to serve them.
To defrost these, I remove how many slices I need from the bag for breakfast. Then heat them up in either a microwave or toaster oven. It really is that easy and simple to do.
Your kids will be impressed when they get to enjoy this delicious pumpkin French toast on a weekday.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have leftovers store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Then ready to enjoy, microwave the leftovers for about 30 seconds. Then top with your favorite toppings.
Print Easy Pumpkin French Toast recipe:
Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- Transfer this egg mixture to a shallow baking dish, like a pie plate or shallow baking pan.
- Next pre-heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat (or electric griddle) and then place a small pat of butter in skillet and allow the butter to melt.
- Dip a piece of sliced bread in the egg mixture and allow the mixture to absorb for a couple of seconds into the bread.
- Then flip the bread over and dip the other side.
- Cook the bread on the skillet or griddle until the bottom is browned.
- Then flip to cook other side until browned as well.
- Remove from the pan and dust the pumpkin french toast with powdered sugar or serve with butter and syrup.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe