This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It comes together quickly and is a filling meal all in one dish. It will be a huge hit anytime you make it and clean up is a breeze.
If you’re anything like me, you need something that comes together quickly in the morning. That doesn’t require a lot of thinking or extra steps. If you love breakfast recipes, then you need to make this recipe.
Table of Contents
- Is Biscuits and Gravy a Meal?
- Step by Step Instructions:
- Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole Tips:
- What Goes Good with Biscuits and Gravy?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
- Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole Recipe
- This recipe is a fun twist to the traditional biscuits and gravy recipe!
Is Biscuits and Gravy a Meal?
Biscuits and gravy is a breakfast staple and is the pure definition of comfort food.
Serve biscuits and gravy bake with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, and some orange juice and you have a rounded out meal. Perfect for Holiday mornings, family gatherings, Sunday after church, or just because!
The best part is that this casserole is easy enough that you can have the kids help. Have them cut each biscuit with a pizza cutter while you cook sausage. I love involving the kids with the preparation of our meals and they do, too.
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Breakfast Sausage
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Milk (might need more if gravy is too thick)
If you are needing the full recipe or ingredients, scroll to the bottom to the recipe card.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Cut your refrigerated biscuit dough into quarters with a pizza cutter.
Step 2 – Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan. Do not smash together. Just sprinkle along the bottom.
Step 3 – Brown the sausage in a large skillet and drain the grease.
Step 4 – Pour the sausage over the biscuits in the casserole dish. Leaving some of the sausage in the pan for the gravy.
Step 5 – Place the baking dish in a preheat the oven to 350 and bake until golden brown. You may need to cover with aluminum foil.
Step 6 – Right before the casserole is done, return the skillet with the sausage to the stove. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter.
Step 7 – Add in the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir around allowing it to cook for a few minutes.
Step 8 – Pour in the 2 cups of milk and stir with a whisk combining the flour with milk. Heat to a small boil stirring constantly, allowing the gravy to thicken. Then pour over casserole.
Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole Tips:
- Homemade Sausage Gravy – We love making homemade gravy, but you can use a packet peppered gravy mix. The flavor will still be amazing and still makes a delicious sausage gravy recipe.
- Sausage – Feel free to use different flavors of pork sausage.
- Gravy – Allow the gravy to heat to a boil so that it thickens. You want to make sure to continue to stir.
- Cheese – Feel free to top with Colby Jack Cheddar Cheese.
- Cooking Spray – Prepare baking dish by spraying with cooking spray to easily serve and cleanup.
What Goes Good with Biscuits and Gravy?
You can enjoy biscuits and gravy casserole as a meal all by itself or add some other breakfast favorites. Since biscuits and gravy casserole is a heavy, filling dish, many people prefer lighter options to serve alongside it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, sausage and gravy casserole needs to be refrigerated. Cover with plastic wrap and store up to 3 days in the fridge.
Yes, you can prepare the night before and store in the fridge. Prepare as the recipe indicate and then ready to bake place in the oven. Cooking time may change if cooking from being in the fridge.
Yes, you can freeze this casserole. Store in individual containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Freeze the leftovers once they have come to room temperature.
More Breakfast Casserole Recipes:
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easy Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
If you make this Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole, then leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Cut your biscuits into quarters with a pizza cutter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the 9×13 pan with non stick spray.
- Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan. Do not smash together. Just sprinkle along the bottom.
- Meanwhile brown the sausage in a medium size skillet and drain the grease.
- Pour the sausage over the biscuits leaving some of the sausage in the pan for the gravy.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and cook for abut 30 minutes (until biscuits are cooked through).
- Right before the casserole is done, return the skillet with the sausage to the stove. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Over medium heat melt the butter. Add in the flour and stir around allowing it to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the 2 cups of milk and stir with a whisk combining the flour with milk.
- Heat to a small boil stirring constantly, allowing the gravy to thicken. Add more milk if you need it thinner, or allow it to cook longer (Stirring constantly) if you need it to be thicker.
- Taste the gravy and add more salt if needed.
- Pour your homemade gravy over the casserole and serve
This recipe is a fun twist to the traditional biscuits and gravy recipe!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe