This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Scrambled Egg Sandwich is the perfect breakfast to serve on a busy morning. Cheesy, filling and easy to make with simple ingredients.
This quick and easy breakfast recipe is loaded with flavor and even better served with your favorite bread. Scrambled eggs layered on bread with cheese makes the perfect on the go breakfast.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
I love making this Scrambled Egg Sandwich because of the amazing flavor and the many ways that it can be made. My kids really like it because it keeps them full until lunch at school.
This is a great recipe for the kids to help make their breakfast on a busy morning.
- Large Eggs
- Bread, Slice
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Cheese – You can easily use your favorite type of cheese instead of cheddar cheese in this egg sandwich recipe. Use your favorite.
- Bread – We love to make this with toast but you can easily make it with a English Muffin, bagels, croissant, or brioche buns. It is even delicious with whole grains bread any bread that fits into lifestyle.
- Add Meat – For a hearty sandwich add bacon, a sausage patty or add diced ham.
- Add Veggies – Feel Free to sneak in some veggies to the scrambled eggs. Diced onions, slice tomato, spinach, and diced peppers are great additions.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Whip the eggs together with a fork in a small mixing bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper.
Step 2 – Butter one side of each slice of the bread and set aside.
Step 3 – Scramble the eggs in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the eggs from the skillet to a separate plate.
Step 4 – Place one piece of bread into the same skillet that you scrambled the eggs (butter side down).
Step 5 – Add the eggs on top of the bread, top with the shredded cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread (buttered side out).
Step 6 – Cook the sandwich in the skillet for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Flip and brown the other side of the sandwich for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and cut in half. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
- Skillet – Prepare the skillet by adding in butter to melt or spray with cooking spray. This prevents the sandwich from sticking and helps for cleanup.
- Prepare Eggs – Whisk the eggs together in a bowl with seasoning. If you are adding in veggies, add them in now.
- Cooking Sandwich – Toast the bread on the skillet to make the sandwich. You will cook the sandwich until golden brown.
These breakfast sandwich are delicious served on their own but I love to add a fruit salad. Feel free to spread the bread before serving with mayo, mustard, pesto or avocado.
Take your breakfast sandwich to the next level by drizzling sriracha or hot sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
If you do have leftovers, we recommend reheating the sandwich in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You can even reheat in the toaster oven.
Yes, you can freeze this breakfast sandwich for a quick breakfast in the morning. Prepare the sandwich as indicated and wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil then place in freezer. It will stay fresh for up to 3 month. When ready to serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave.
More Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap Recipe
- Vegetarian Breakfast Casseroles
- Paula Deen Breakfast Casserole Recipe
We love to hear from you. If you make this sandwich with scrambled eggs Recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
Scrambled Egg Sandwich
- Whip the eggs together with a fork in a small mixing bowl. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each slice of the bread and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the eggs from the skillet to a separate plate.
- Place one piece of bread into the same skillet that you scrambled the eggs (butter side down).
- Add the eggs on top of the bread, top with the shredded cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread (buttered side out).
- Cook the sandwich in the skillet for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Flip and brown the other side of the sandwich for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cut in half. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe