This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Air Fryer Banana Bread is a delicious and easy way to make your favorite banana bread. This mini banana bread recipe is loaded with flavor.
Best Air Fryer Banana Bread Recipe:
We love using our Air Fryer for many different recipes or heat up frozen foods. But did you know that you can make bread in it as well? This Air Fryer Banana Bread is easy to make and great way to use your ripe bananas.
The simple ingredients are combined and poured into mini loaf pans to create a delicious bread. The breads texture turns out crispy but is still soft and tender on the inside.
There are many substitutions or add-ins to make this bread but this simple banana bread recipe can’t be beat. Slice the bread and have for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It is delicious and easy to make.
What Size of Pan to use?
The perfect loaf pan to make this banana bread in the air fryer is the mini loaf pans. They are the perfect size to wrap and share with friends and neighbors.
If your air fryer fits a large pan, then you can use that too. You may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Overripe Bananas
- Melted butter
- Large Egg
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- All Purpose Flour
How to Make Banana Bread in the Air Fryer:
- Step 1 – Heat Air Fryer – Preheat an air fryer to 330 degrees Fahrenheit and grease three mini loaf baking pans.
- Step 2 – Prepare Bananas – Peel and mash the bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 3 – Combine Ingredients – Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, and oil. Add in the vanilla, baking soda or baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Step 4 – Mix in Flour – Add flour and stir well. Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans filling them up approximately halfway full.
- Step 5 – Air Fry Bread – Place the mini loaf pans in the air fryer basket. You may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Air Fryer at 330 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Cook until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Step 6 – Cool – Let cool on a rack before removing from the pans.
- Step 7 – Slice and Enjoy – Then the bread is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Oils – Replace the melted butter with a variety of oils. You can use vegetable oil, canola oil or avocado oil for added flavor.
- Flour – Feel free to change the flour to meat your diet restrictions. You can make this with whole wheat flour or coconut flour.
- Sugar – Feel to substitute the sugar for brown sugar. But you can also use a natural sweetener such as maple syrup or honey.
- Add-Ins – Feel free to add in chocolate chips, coconut or chopped nuts. We love adding chopped walnuts or chopped pecans for texture and flavor.
- Seasoning – Adding cinnamon or nutmeg gives the banana bread so much flavor.
Can I Bake in the Oven?
Yes, if you prefer you can easily bake these mini banana breads in the oven. Preheat the oven to the same temperature and bake for about 25 minutes.
How Many Bananas do I need for Banana Bread?
We used 3 medium size bananas to make this recipe. Make sure your bananas have brown spots as this helps to make the best tasting bread.
Even if you only have 2 bananas you can make this recipe. It will still be loaded with banana flavor.
How Many Loafs does this Recipe make?
This recipe is makes 3 mini loaf pan banana bread. Make sure to only fill the pans about half way full.
Banana Bread Recipe Air Fryer Tips:
- Bananas – Make sure to use overripe bananas to make this recipe. These bananas are usually the sweetest and make the best bread.
- Preheat Air Fryer – If your air fryer has a preheated option, we recommend using it. If it does not have that feature, then turn it one for about 5 minutes to preheat it.
- Loaf Pans – Prepare the mini loaf pans by greasing them for an easy cleanup and to easily remove the bread.
- Combining Ingredients – Make sure to combine the wet and dry ingredients together well.
- Filling the Loaf Pans – When adding the banana bread batter to the loaf pan, only fill the half way full. This gives the bread room to expand as it bakes.
- Cooking the Bread – Cooking the bread in the air fryer for about 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted in the center to check to make sure bread is cooked before removing from the air fryer.
How to Freeze Banana Bread:
Banana Bread freezes great. You can freeze the entire loaf or slice the bread and freeze individual slices.
Make sure to wrap the bread with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. If stored properly these banana bread will last about 3 months.
When you are ready to enjoy, allow the bread to thaw at room temperature.
How to Store:
Store the leftover bread in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to one week. This banana bread makes a delicious breakfast with a cup of coffee.
Print Recipe for Air Fryer Banana Bread:
Air Fryer Banana Bread
- 3 Overripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- Preheat an air fryer to 330 degrees Fahrenheit and grease three mini loaf baking pans.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans filling them up approximately halfway full.
- Place the mini loaf pans in the air fryer basket (you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Air Fryer at 330 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack before removing from the pans.
- Then the bread is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe