Enjoy crispy Air fryer fried pickles in under 10 minutes. Serve with ranch or your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Air fryer fried pickles
Who else loves fried pickles? I absolutely do and love to order them any chance I get. They are one of my favorite appetizers.
I wanted to enjoy them at home and thought how perfect they would be for Game day, movie night and more! The air fryer to the rescue. They turned out perfectly crispy and amazing!
We definitely have a new favorite snack and have made these numerous times since we found out how easy it is. This is sure to be a hit!
- Sliced Dill Pickles – I used the waffle cut but either type will work.
- Large Eggs
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Oil Spray
How to make fried pickle in air fryer:
First, you will need 3 small bowls to make this recipe. Put flour in one bowl, eggs and milk in a second bowl (make sure to beat them together) and in the third bowl, put the Panko crumbs.
Second, coat each pickle slice in the flour, then in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture. As you dredge the pickles in coating, put them on a separate plate until ready to air fry. Keep doing this until all the pickles have been coated in the bread crumbs.
Finally, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting, just let the air fryer run at 400 degrees for 5 minutes to allow the air fryer time to heat up.
Put the pickles in the air fryer in a single layer. Make sure that you do not overlap them. Spray the tops of the pickles with oil spray. This will help to make them brown when they cook. They do not take long and should be ready in about 7 to 10 minutes. This is based on preference so cook them until they reach the desired crispiness that you prefer.
Serving ideas for Air fryer fried pickles:
- Ranch- This is delicious for dipping.
- Spicy Ranch- If you like a little extra heat, try using spicy ranch to dip the fried pickles in.
- BBQ Sauce – I’m a ranch fan but some of the kiddos like BBQ sauce for dipping.
Tips and tricks:
- Try adding different seasonings to the egg mixture. This is a great base recipe and you can easily change up the flavor of the pickles. Try adding Italian seasoning, garlic salt or cajun seasoning mixed into this egg mixture.
- Pickles: We used pickle chips but you can use a regular pickle and cut into thin slices if that is what you have on hand. You can also make pickle spears and fry those.
- Make sure the pickles do not overlap in the air fryer. They need to be in a single layer.
- Adjust the time based on how crispy you prefer the pickles. They take about 7 to 10 minutes depending on how crispy you like them.
How to store:
They are best stored inside an airtight container. I like to put a paper towel inside the container to help soak up the grease.
Also, make sure to wait until they are completely cool before putting them in the container. If you store them while they are still warm, the condensation will make them soggy.
Try this yummy Fried pickles air fryer recipe.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy. It is so delicious and just as good as a restaurant if not better! Plus, the savings add up when you make this at home.
It seems whenever I order this, it is at least $8 or more. Pickles are so cheap to buy and the breading is inexpensive too. You can make this at home for a fraction of the price.
Give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you! I think you and your family will really love it! I love the tartness from the pickles and the creaminess of the ranch for dipping. It is so good.
Print this air fryer fried pickles recipe below:
Air fryer fried pickles
- 25 Sliced Dill Pickles I used the waffle cut but either will work
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Oil Spray
- You will need 3 small bowls. Place flour in one bowl, eggs and milk in a second bowl (beat them together) and then the Panko crumbs in a third bowl.
- Coat the sliced pickles in the flour, then in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture. Place on a separate plate until ready to air fry.
- Continue to do this until all of the pickles have been coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. *Note: If your air fryer does not have a preheat option than run your air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes to heat up the air fryer.
- Place the pickles in the air fryer in a single layer (do not overlap), spray the tops of the pickles with oil spray to make them brown when they cook and cook at 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes until your pickles are cooked to the crispiness that you prefer.
- Serve topped with salt with your favorite dipping sauces. I served mined with ranch.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe