This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Air fryer fried shrimp is perfectly crispy and golden brown. Get dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes with this easy recipe.
Air fryer fried shrimp
Do you love shrimp? I sure do and the air fryer makes it even easier! No need to stand over a hot stove frying shrimp when you can make this crispy shrimp in the air fryer.
It is a game changer! If you love crispy fried shrimp, give this easy recipe a try. I think you will love it!
You definitely can get dinner on the table fast when you use the air fryer. If you have been on the fence about getting one, go ahead! You will not be disappointed.
Let’s make this easy shrimp!
Once you make it, you will see how easy it is. It is a family favorite and on our regular menu plan rotation now! I bet you will agree!
- Large Shrimp – Tails Removed and Deveined
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Large Eggs
- Cooking Spray
How to fry shrimp in air fryer
First, preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees. No worries if your air fryer does not have a preheat option. You can set the air fryer to 390 degrees and let it run for 5 minutes.
Second, get out 3 small bowls. Put the flour in 1 bowl, beat the eggs together in a separate bowl and the last bowl is for the bread crumbs and seasoning.
Next, dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture and then coat in the bread crumbs.
Keep repeating the process with the remaining shrimp until they are all coated.
Now, spray all of the shrimp with cooking spray. Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Let the shrimp cook for 4 minutes and then flip the shrimp. Spray the other side and cook for another 4 minutes.
Keep repeating this process until all the shrimp have been cooked.
Serving ideas for fried shrimp in air fryer:
- Serve with your favorite type of cocktail sauce or tartar sauce. My kids like to use ketchup.
- Coleslaw – This is so easy! You can make shrimp tacos and top with slaw. We also like shrimp po boy sandwiches. Just add the shrimp to a hamburger bun and top with tomato and slaw.
- Air Fryer Tater Tots– Easy side to go with shrimp.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes – Everyone always loves a good baked potato.
- Easy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- Also see Side Dishes for Shrimp for more ideas.
How to store:
If you have any leftovers, refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to warm them up and make them crispy again!
FRESH VS FROZEN SHRIMP
If you prefer to use frozen shrimp, that is fine. However, I would thaw the shrimp prior to assembling in the flour mixture.
Kids love Air Fryer popcorn shrimp.
They are just so crispy and perfectly golden. Kids will eagerly gobble this up. Try this for dinner and be prepared for everyone to love it!
Make Air Fryer fried shrimp recipe!
I love how easy this is and the time it saves from deep frying. It is a really great recipe. The bread crumbs make it really crispy and the air fryer is a game changer.
We just love cooking in ours.
Print this air fryer fried shrimp recipe:
Air fryer fried shrimp
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then set the air fryer to 390 degrees F and run for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour in 1 bowl, beat the eggs together in a separate bowl and combine the bread crumbs and seasoning together in a 3rd bowl.
- Coat the shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip the shrimp in the eggs and then coat in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Complete this process with the remaining shrimp.
- Spray the shrimp with a the cooking spray.
- Add the shrimp to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Flip the shrimp and spray the other side with the cooking spray as well.
- Cook for 4 more minutes.
- Follow the same process until all the shrimp is cooked.
- Serve with your favorite type of cocktail sauce and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy shrimp recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Quick and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas