Air fryer vegetables are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy perfectly seasoned veggies in minutes for the best side dish.
Air fryer vegetables
I have found the secret to getting my kiddos to eat veggies. It is air fryer vegetables! They love the texture and how they start to brown and turn crispy around the edges. It is so much better than plain veggies and everyone really loves them.
The seasoning is really simple and you probably already have what you need to make these delicious veggies. Feel free to switch up the veggies for what you and your family likes.
This recipe is so easy and you can’t go wrong. The next time you need an easy side dish, give this a try.
- Broccoli Florets – diced into smaller pieces
- Cauliflower Flores – diced into smaller pieces (See How to Cut Cauliflower into Florets)
- Zucchini – sliced and quartered
- Yellow Squash- sliced and quartered
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make air fryer vegetables:
First, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. It is ok if your air fryer does not have a preheat option. Just let it run for 5 minutes at 350 degrees to warm up the air fryer.
Second, put all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl so that you can thoroughly coat the veggies with the olive oil and seasonings. You want all of this seasoning to get on all of the veggies.
Finally, place the veggies in the air fryer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
I like to toss the veggies half way through and continue cooking until the veggies are the desired tenderness that you prefer.
How to store:
If you have any leftovers, refrigerate them inside an air tight container for up to 4-5 days.
- Try any type of veggies that you like. More ideas include: red onion, brussel sprouts, green and red bell peppers and mushrooms. In the Fall, I like to use butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Dice this and sprinkle with olive oil and a little paprika for a side dish.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese before serving. Kids will love this idea on roasted veggies!
- Seasoning- mix things up and try different seasonings. I love garlic so I always add extra to my veggies. My kids like a little dry ranch seasoning mixed in.
- Make sure to shake the veggies half way through the cooking time. This will ensure they are cooked evenly and each veggie is crispy and browned on the outside. To me, this is what makes them so delicious. I love the texture!
- Make sure you have a good air fryer. I have this air fryer and it is perfect for our family.
- Try new things! Use the veggies that are in season and in abundance at the Farmer’s Market. It is totally ok to switch things up and use what is available to you. That is the beauty of this recipe. It is so easy to adapt to what you have on hand. It also makes it so fun to try new things.
What to serve with vegetables in air fryer?
Keep it simple and make an easy main dish in the air fryer to go with these easy vegetables in the air fryer. Dinner does not have to be complicated with easy recipes like this.
Spend less time in the kitchen and more time around the table with your family. Plus, you will save money with these great recipes. They are so easy and delicious that you will be less tempted to get takeout on busy nights.
Try it today!
Vegetables in the air fryer are really easy but so tasty. This healthy side dish comes together so fast for a flavorful recipe. Try this to get more veggies in your diet.
I think you will really like it! Make sure to leave a comment and let us know what tasty combination of veggies you used.
Print this air fryer vegetable recipe below:
Air fryer vegetables
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets diced into smaller pieces
- 1 Cup Cauliflower Flores diced into smaller pieces
- 1 Zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 Yellow Squash sliced and quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run it for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F to warm up the air fryer.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl to throughly coat the veggies with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Place the veggies in the air fryer and cooked at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes (toss the veggies half way through) until the veggies are the tenderness that you prefer.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe