This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you need an easy side dish, make Air Fryer Carrots in just minutes. The air fryer makes them tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
This is a must try recipe if you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables. This recipe makes amazing carrots and the best air fryer vegetable recipe. The texture is different so my kids eat these without complaints.
The crispy outside is a kid favorite while the inside is is tender and flavorful. The whole family will love this air fryer recipe.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
If you have recently starting using an air fryer, then carrots in the air fryer is a must. I love using our air fryer for many recipes and side dishes recipes makes for a quick and easy side.
I love how perfect the carrots cook fork-tender and the flavor is amazing. Make these carrots whether you grill out or make oven baked chicken.
- Carrots- they need to be washed and peeled
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic Powder
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Try different seasonings – Paprika, sea salt or cayenne pepper make great ideas to try. Brown sugar is also good if you like carrots more sweet. We have even added rosemary, thyme, cinnamon, and ground cumin for a delicious savory taste.
- Oil – You can also use avocado oil instead of olive oil. Just use what you prefer or already have.
- Carrots – You can also use baby carrots for this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – First, preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. Now, if your air fryer does not have a preheat option, just let it run at 390 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Step 2 – While it heats up, go ahead and start cutting your carrots. They need to be cut into thirds and then cut those pieces in half.
Step 3 – Next, get out a large bowl and put the carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in it. Toss everything together to make sure the carrots are coated with the oil and the seasoning.
Step 4 – Now, the air fryer should be ready. Go ahead and add them now.
Step 5 – Let the carrots air fry at 390 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the carrots are tender. Make sure the carrots are cooked all the way through. Every 10 minutes shaking halfway the carrots ensures they cook on all sides.
Step 6 – Serve golden brown air fryer carrot fries warm and enjoy.
- Carrots – If using regular carrots, make sure to peel and wash before placing in air fryer basket. I like to cut them about the same size to ensure they cook evenly.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the carrots with the seasoning and oil to make sure everything is completely covered.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary based on your air fryer and the size of your carrots. We like to shake the carrots halfway through cooking time to make sure everything cooks evenly.
- Placing in Air Fryer – We recommend placing the carrots in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
To reheat, place the leftover veggies in the air fryer and cook for 2-3 minutes to reheat them and make them crispy again. It is worth the extra step because the crispy part is what makes them so amazing.
Yes, you can freeze cooked carrots. After they have cooled completely, place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Brussel sprouts in air fryer
- Air fryer zucchini chips
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Easy Air fryer recipes chicken wings
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Air fryer chicken thighs
We love to hear from you. If you make this air fryer carrots recipe, please make sure to leave us a comment or a star review.
Air Fryer Carrots
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer at 390 degrees F for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut the carrots into thirds and then cut those pieces in half.
- Place the cut carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl and toss to throughly combine and coat the carrots in the oil and seasoning.
- Place the carrots in the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are tender and cooked through.
- Toss the carrots halfway between the cook time.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe