If you need an easy side dish, make air fryer carrots in just minutes. The air fryer makes them tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Air fryer carrots
This is a must try recipe if you are trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables. This recipe makes amazing carrots. The texture is different so my kids eat these without complaints.
The crispy outside is a kid favorite while the inside is is tender and flavorful. You will love it!
- Carrots- they need to be washed and peeled
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to make air fryer carrots:
First, preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees. Now, if your air fryer does not have a preheat option, just let it run at 390 degrees for about 5 minutes.
While it heats up, go ahead and start cutting your carrots. They need to be cut into thirds and then cut those pieces in half.
Next, get out a large bowl and put the carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in it. Toss everything together to make sure the carrots are coated with the oil and the seasoning.
Now, the air fryer should be ready. Go ahead and add them now.
How long to cook carrots in air fryer
Let the carrots cook at 390 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until the carrots are tender. Make sure the carrots are cooked all the way through.
I also like to toss the carrots halfway between the cook time.
Enjoy! They are best served warm.
Air fryer baby carrots
You might also want to try to use baby carrots. Just keep in mind that they are thicker so will need to cook longer.
I suggest increasing the cooking time for baby carrots. This is a great option if you don’t feel like peeling and cutting carrots.
Kids love Easy air Fryer carrot fries!
Trust me! Kids will actually eat and love these veggie fries.
They are crispy and taste totally different than carrots cooked on the stove top. To be totally honest, I’m not a huge carrot fan and LOVE these carrot fries.
You have to make them. They are so good!
Tips for carrots in air fryer:
- Store the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
- To reheat, place the leftover veggies in the air fryer and cook for 2-3 minutes to reheat them and make them crispy again. It is worth the extra step because the crispy part is what makes them so amazing!
- Try different seasonings. Paprika, sea salt or cayenne pepper make great ideas to try. Brown sugar is also good if you like carrots more sweet.
- You can also use avocado oil instead of olive oil. Just use what you prefer or already have.
Your family will love this easy recipe!
Everyone will love how they taste in the air fryer. It is seriously a game changer.
Even if you are not a big fan of carrots, you have to make this recipe. I think you will really love it. They are the perfect side dish for picky kids and adults!
Once you make these, come back and let us know how you liked them. They are sure to be a hit! I promise these carrots are so amazing!
This recipe has become our new go to side dish. They are even great for snacking. Seriously! You have to make these!
Print this easy air fryer carrots recipe below:
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 lb Carrots washed and peeled
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer at 390 degrees F for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut the carrots into thirds and then cut those pieces in half.
- Place the cut carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl and toss to throughly combine and coat the carrots in the oil and seasoning.
- Place the carrots in the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are tender and cooked through.
- Toss the carrots halfway between the cook time.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe