Roasting is my favorite way to prepare veggies, so I wasn’t surprised by how much I loved this Easy Roasted Carrots Recipe. They are not only easy to make, they are delicious too!
Oven Roasted Carrots is a family friendly side dish!
Give these Easy Roasted Carrots Recipe a try! When we first served them to the kids they were nervous to try them. Also try Ranch Carrots Recipe.
But…after trying them they changed their minds immediately and said they loved them. Cooking carrots in the oven are the best as they are soft and roasting them gives them a delicious flavor.
Not only are these frugal, but they are healthy! The entire family will love this great recipe. They are packed with flavor so even the pickiest of eaters will like these!
Serve these with this easy Slow Cooker Whole Chicken and dinner will be a breeze. Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin is another favorite around here that is great with a side of these yummy carrots. We also like it with Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe! The gravy is good on everything.
We love easy side dishes including this Baked Carrots Recipe!
This recipe does not get any simpler and it’s so inexpensive too. The carrots are tender and flavorful. So yummy! Roasting these carrots make them so flavorful. Even kids that don’t normally like carrots, will love these.
If you prefer something sweeter (like with brown sugar), try Sweet Glazed Carrots! These are so easy because you just throw them in the crock pot. We also love Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe and Delicious Roasted Green Beans for a quick and easy side that the entire family will love. Everyone also loves Grilled Green Beans. Yum!
Ingredients you need for Easy Oven Roasted Carrots:
Only 3 ingredients are needed for this easy side dish recipe. I love easy recipes that as few as ingredients as possible and it keeps the cost done too which is always an added bonus!
These are the only ingredients you need to create this easy side dish recipe.
- Baby Carrots
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make this easy roasted carrots recipe:
I promise these oven baked carrots are simple to make.
First preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Then lay out the carrots and cut them into quarters so you have sticks. This makes them cook faster and makes them easier to eat for the kids.
Next line a baking sheet with foil (if you want) and spray with nonstick spray. I prefer to line the sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
Place the carrots on a single layer on the covered baking sheet.
Then drizzle the olive oil over the carrots on the sheet pan and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Lastly, toss to coat the carrots with the oil and seasonings.
How long to roast carrots:
Then roast in the oven for about 20-22 minutes until the carrots are tender or the softness that you prefer.
That’s it! It really is that easy to make this easy oven roasted carrots recipe and I think you’ll be surprised by how delicious they are too.
The easy side dish recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner and it’s so delicious, I love to serve them at holidays too.
Easy substitutions to this roasted carrots recipe:
- Use whole carrots instead of baby carrots. Peel carrots and cut them into smaller pieces for a faster cook time but otherwise they should taste the same as the baby carrots.
- Add your favorite fresh herbs to this roasted carrots recipe to adjust the flavor to your preference.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to make honey roasted carrots if you prefer sweeter carrots.
- Use your favorite cooking oil. I used olive oil in this recipe, but any cooking oil would work!
Print Easy Roasted Carrots Recipe below:
Easy Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 1 lb baby carrots (you can use regular carrots too – baby carrots are just on sale right now)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your baby carrots into Quarters so you have sticks. This makes them cook faster and makes them easier to eat for the kids.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil (if you want) and spray with nonstick spray.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the carrots.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss the carrots around with your hands to coat the carrots.
- Spread out on the cookie sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
You might also like this easy Crock Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe for another easy side dish idea.
If you enjoy this carrots recipe, try these other easy side dish recipes!
- Grilled Broccoli Side Dish
- 10 Minute Side Dish- Pan Fried Zucchini
- How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Green Bean Casserole
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Easy Couscous Recipe
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
Also, check out these other roasted vegetables recipes!
- Delicious Roasted Green Beans
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Easy Roasted Zucchini and Squash
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Parmesan Roasted Zucchini