This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Roasting is my favorite way to prepare veggies, so I wasn’t surprised by how much I loved this Oven Roasted Carrots Recipe. They are not only easy to make, they are delicious too!
You may also love Crock Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe.
If you prefer something sweeter (like with brown sugar), try Sweet Glazed Carrots! These are so easy because you just throw them in the crock pot. We also love Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe and Delicious Roasted Green Beans for a quick and easy side that the entire family will love. Everyone also loves Grilled Green Beans. Yum!
Only 3 ingredients are needed for this easy side dish recipe. I love easy recipes that as few as ingredients as possible and it keeps the cost done too which is always an added bonus!
These are the only ingredients you need to create this easy side dish recipe.
- Baby Carrots
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to make this easy roasted carrots recipe:
I promise these oven baked carrots are simple to make.
First preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Then lay out the carrots and cut them into quarters so you have sticks. This makes them cook faster and makes them easier to eat for the kids.
Next line a baking sheet with foil (if you want) and spray with nonstick spray. I prefer to line the sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
Place the carrots on a single layer on the covered baking sheet.
Then drizzle the olive oil over the carrots on the sheet pan and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Lastly, toss to coat the carrots with the oil and seasonings.
How long to roast carrots:
Then roast in the oven for about 20-22 minutes until the carrots are tender or the softness that you prefer.
That’s it! It really is that easy to make this easy oven roasted carrots recipe and I think you’ll be surprised by how delicious they are too.
The easy side dish recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner and it’s so delicious, I love to serve them at holidays too.
- Use whole carrots instead of baby carrots. Peel carrots and cut them into smaller pieces for a faster cook time but otherwise they should taste the same as the baby carrots.
- Add your favorite fresh herbs to this roasted carrots recipe to adjust the flavor to your preference.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to make honey roasted carrots if you prefer sweeter carrots.
- Use your favorite cooking oil. I used olive oil in this recipe, but any cooking oil would work!
Oven Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into carrot sticks.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil (if you want) and spray with nonstick spray.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the carrots.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss the carrots around with your hands to coat the carrots.
- Spread out on the cookie sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe