Oven roasted red potatoes make a delicious side dish with the perfect blend of Parmesan cheese and seasonings. The potatoes have perfectly crispy edges while being so tender inside.
Oven roasted red potatoes
Potatoes make such an easy side dish and they are frugal too. This recipe for oven roasted red potatoes is super easy to make.
If you can dice a few potatoes and toss in seasonings, you can make this dish. It is so fast and the results are tender and flavorful potatoes.
This recipe is a must try and sure to be a family favorite. It goes with pretty much anything, takes minutes to prepare and the recipe is budget friendly.
How to roast red potatoes
This is the easiest side dish. Just wash the potatoes really good and cut in half or quarters depending on preference.
Coat with olive oil and seasonings such as garlic powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake until fork tender and you are set.
- Red Potatoes – The potatoes need to be washed and cut in half.
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic – You can also use garlic powder.
- Salt and black pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
How to cook Red potatoes in Oven
- First, preheat the oven. It needs to be set to 400 degrees.
- Second, line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Next, get out a large mixing bowl. Then put all of the ingredients except for the parsley in the bowl. Toss potatoes together so that the potatoes are thoroughly coated with salt and pepper, oil garlic and other seasonings.
- Finally, spread the potatoes into a single layer on the baking sheet. The potatoes need to bake for 30 minutes to 45 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. They should be golden brown.
The cooking time can vary based on ovens and the size of potatoes used. You can check them at 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, top with the fresh parsley.
How to store:
If you have any leftovers, refrigerate them inside an air tight container for up to 5 to 7 days.
Can you freeze them?
This isn’t typically something you would consider freezing. However, they can be frozen.
Place leftovers inside an airtight container and place in the freezer. You can use them later for a quick side side dish for dinner or brunch.
To reheat, put in the oven so they are crispy.
Are red potatoes good for roasting?
Yes, they are ideal for roasting. Their skin is thin and they are less waxy than other types such as Russet potatoes. They don’t get too mushy from baking and hold their shape.
The flavor of red potatoes pairs well with any seasoning you use.
Do you need to peel red potatoes?
It is not necessary to peel these potatoes. Just make sure to scrub and wash them good.
Most of the nutrients are in the skin so you definitely want to leave them on.
- Herbs – We used parsley but you can also try chives or dill.
- Cheese- If you our out of Parmesan cheese or want something different, sprinkle the potatoes with shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar. Just add this to the potatoes a few minutes before they are finished cooking.
- Seasoning – Other ideas include paprika, red pepper flakes, lemon and onion powder.
- Bacon – Crumble cooked bacon on top of the potatoes. This is delicious alone or add chopped green onion and mozzarella cheese too.
- Potatoes – Yukon gold potatoes are good for roasting if you don’t have any red potatoes.
Tips for roasted baby red potatoes:
- I like to serve these potatoes as soon as they are finished cooking. They are crispy on the edges and soft on the inside. The texture changes a bit when served later.
- Reheat leftovers in the oven so they will be crispy. The potatoes get softer and the oven will help to make them crispy again.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet. This will ensure the potatoes are baked to perfection and not steamed.
- You can even use leftovers to make potato salad.
- If the potatoes are not as crispy as you prefer, place the baking pan under the broiler for a few minutes. Keep a close eye on them and don’t walk away during this step. It does not take long.
- These potatoes aren’t just for dinner. Leftovers are delicious paired with breakfast or brunch the next day.
- Make sure to dry the potatoes really good after you wash them. If you don’t, the potatoes will not get crispy.
- Cut the potatoes all the same size. This will help them to bake evenly and cook at the same time.
What to serve with Oven roasted red potatoes recipe:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thigh Dinner
- Easy Baked Tilapia
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Thighs Dinner
- 5 Ingredient Garlic Parmesan Tilapia
- Grilled Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Print this roasted red potatoes recipe:
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Red Potatoes cleaned and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place all the ingredients except for the parsley in a large mixing bowl. Toss to thoroughly coat the potatoes.
- Then spread the potatoes into a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Serve topped with the fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe