I’m very excited to share with you this easy Crock Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe. It is so simple to make with just a few ingredients and the kids go crazy for these crock pot carrots.
Crock Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe:
Sweet, buttery, and perfectly fork tender, these brown sugar glazed carrots keep your oven free and practically make themselves. This kid friendly crock pot glazed carrots recipe is now a family favorite.
You just toss them in the crock pot and forget about them. At dinner time, they are super soft and packed with flavor. The kids will actually fight over seconds. Simple ingredients makes this side dish so flavorful.
This side dish would be prefect for the holidays or a Sunday night meal. The butter, brown sugar glazed makes these carrots so delicious and a crowd favorite.
How long does it take for Carrots to Soften in Crock Pot?
Crock pot carrots are very easy to make. Add all the ingredients, cover the the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours until tender. You only have to stir once halfway through.
Crock pot carrots are an all time favorite in our house for a weekend side dish, or any Holiday. We especially love to serve them at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots:
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
How to Make Glazed Carrots in Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Peel the carrots and slice the carrots into ½ inch pieces.
- Step 2 – In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Step 3 – Place the carrots in a crock pot.
- Step 4 – Pour the mixture on top.
- Step 5 – Cover and cook on high for 3 hours until the carrots are tender. Top with the fresh parsley, serve warm and enjoy. Cooking time may vary.
Crockpot Carrot Tips:
- Baby Carrots – Use baby carrots, regular carrots are good, but you will save a lot of time by using a bag of baby carrots.
- Add Water First – Put the water in the crock pot first. You want the brown sugar and the butter to melt over the carrots as the carrots cook.
- Slice Carrots in Advance – Carrots can be peeled and sliced up to 2 days in advance. Simply keep them in the fridge. If you prefer whole carrots of baby carrots this can be a huge time saver, especially if you make crockpot carrots for a holiday meal.
- Thicker Glaze – For a thicker glaze, simply remove the lid and leave the carrots to cook uncovered on High for another 15-20 minutes. That will help to evaporate the remaining liquid. Then they’re ready to serve.
- Brown Sugar – We used light brown sugar but you can use dark brown sugar if you prefer.
- Butter – We recommend using real butter in this recipe instead of margarine. It melts better and gives the carrots better flavoring.
How to Store Leftovers:
Leftovers are easy to keep. You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
These reheat well and taste even better the next day. The butter will harden on the outside, but it will melt again and be eve more delicious when the leftover carrots are reheated.
You can reheat them in the microwave, on the stove top, or in a slow cooker. Either way, they will taste great leftover.
Can Glazed Carrots be made the day before?
We recommend making them the day you are serving them. But if you need to prepare in advance, then store in the refrigerator in a container.
Then when ready to serve, pour back into the slow cooker and turn on warm. This will make it easy to serve and keep them warm.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Glazed Carrots:
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Recipe
- Tender Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Coke Marinated Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
How to Make Glazed Carrots on Stovetop:
Making Glazed Carrots on the Stovetop is just as easy. Clean and prepare you carrots as indicated in the recipe card and cook tender on the stovetop.
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots is a quick and delicious way to make carrots.
Roasting carrots is another delicious option but the slow cooker really makes these perfect if you are going to be away. Give these delicious carrots a try and let us know how they turn out. I know you and your family will love them.
- Carrots – We used baby sized carrots but you can easily use sliced carrots or whatever you prefer. You don’t have to use bagged baby carrots.
- Seasoning – You can season with black pepper for that spicy and sweet flavor.
- Honey Butter Flavor – Skip the brown sugar, and use butter. The honey butter flavor would be amazing on carrots as well.
- Cinnamon – Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture to add warm flavors to the carrots.
- Maple Syrup – Maple syrup is also a good option for a thicker glaze on the carrots.
- Nuts – For an added crunch to these carrots, add in some chopped pecans or walnuts right before serving. We love the texture it gives the carrots.
How to Bake Glazed Carrots:
You can easily make this recipe in the oven.
- Eliminate the water in the recipe, melt the butter, and toss with the brown sugar.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve them with your favorite dinner and your children will be begging for more vegetables.
Easy Side Dish:
If you are looking for a budget friendly and easy to make side dish, these Glazed Carrots is it. This is my go-to recipe when I go to a pot luck. It is my husbands favorite side and he always request it when I make a Meatloaf for Sunday dinner.
The ingredients are simple and can be changed to what you have on hand. Soft and tender slow cooker carrots with an amazing brown sugar glaze is always a crowd favorite. They are even kid friendly.
This would a great side dish to double the recipe so you can serve it again during the week. These carrots come together quickly and easily with this easy recipe.
Print this Crock Pot Glazed Carrots recipe below:
Sweet Glazed Carrots – Kid Friendly Crock pot Carrots recipe!
- 2 pounds Carrots (peeled and sliced into ½ inch thick pieces)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Place all the carrots in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour this mixture on top of the carrots in the crock pot. Stir to coat the carrots with the mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours until the carrots are tender.
- Serve topped with the fresh parsley and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these Crock Pot Side Dish Recipes:
- Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Crock pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Crock Pot Collard Greens Recipe
- Crock Pot Potatoes Recipe
- Find more easy Crockpot Side Dishes
Could you use maple syrup instead of brown sugar and water
I couldn’t get my boys to eat cooked carrots a.nd let’s be honest I didn’t care much for cooked carrots unless they were in a soup, but these changed our lives and now we eat them more often
This made my “no vegetables” nephews eat vegetables!!
Too many ads running!!! I cant get a printed copy without an ad in it, very disappointing!