I’m very excited to share with you this easy Crock Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe. It is so simple to make with just a few ingredients and the kids go crazy for these crock pot carrots.
Crock Pot Glazed Carrots Recipe
Sweet, buttery, and perfectly fork tender, these brown sugar glazed carrots keep your oven free and practically make themselves!
This kid friendly crock pot glazed carrots recipe is now a family favorite. You just toss them in the crock pot and forget about them.
At dinner time, they are super soft and packed with flavor. The kids will actually fight over seconds.
Even if you think your kids don’t like carrots, try making this recipe. They might surprise you. This recipe is simply amazing from being slow cooked all day.
They have the absolute best flavor that the kids will love them.
Kids fighting over vegetables?
These are so good, they are going to be asking for more.
How long does it take for carrots to soften in crock pot?
Crock pot carrots are very easy to make. Add all the ingredients, cover the the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours until tender. You only have to stir once halfway through.
Brown sugar carrots are very easy to throw together for a quick side dish.
Crock pot carrots are an all time favorite in our house for a weekend side dish, or any Holiday. We especially love to serve them at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Crockpot Carrot tips:
Use baby carrots, regular carrots are good, but you will save a lot of time by using a bag of baby carrots.
Put the water in the crock pot first. You want the brown sugar and the butter to melt over the carrots as the carrots cook.
Carrots can be peeled and sliced up to 2 days in advance. Simply keep them in the fridge. If you prefer whole carrots of baby carrots this can be a huge time saver, especially if you make crockpot carrots for a holiday meal.
For a thicker glaze, simply remove the lid and leave the carrots to cook uncovered on High for another 15-20 minutes. That will help to evaporate the remaining liquid. Then they’re ready to serve!
Let’s make this kid friendly crock pot brown sugar carrots!
Ingredients you need for glazed carrots:
- Baby Carrots
- Water (can use chicken stock if you have some)
- Brown Sugar
How to make slow cooker glazed carrots:
- Place all the carrots in the bottom of the crock pot. You can use any slow cooker. You will want a 4 quart slow cooker or bigger.
- Pour water on top. I like the water first, because I don’t want the sugar, butter and seasonings to imediately be washed to the bottom.
- Add salt, brown sugar and butter on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, or cook on high for 2-3 hours (You will want them fork tender, but not falling apart).
- Cooking time will vary depending on how full your crock pot is.
- Spoon the butter glaze over the carrots and serve.
- You can easily double the recipe to make for holidays or for potlucks and large gatherings.
How to store Leftovers:
Leftovers are easy to keep. You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
These reheat well and taste even better the next day. The butter will harden on the outside, but it will melt again and be eve more delicious when the leftover carrots are reheated.
You can reheat them in the microwave, on the stove top, or in a slow cooker. Either way, they will taste great leftover.
Brown sugar glazed carrots are so easy to make.
Super easy recipes are my specialty, and I don’t think you can get much easier than this. This kid friendly slow cooker carrots recipe is a family pleaser that I know your family is going to love.
What to serve with crock pot glazed carrots:
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Recipe
- Tender Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Coke Marinated Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Try sweet glazed carrots today!
The melted butter and glaze combine with the carrots for the best sauce. Plus, the carrots are cooked to perfection in the slow cooker.
Each bite is so tender and amazing. The carrots are tender and the family will love these.
These are perfect for the next holiday meal but simple enough for anytime of the year. They are really the best side dish.
Roasting carrots is another delicious option but the slow cooker really makes these perfect if you are going to be away. Give these delicious carrots a try and let us know how they turn out. I know you and your family will love them.
We used baby sized carrots but you can easily use sliced carrots or whatever you prefer. You don’t have to use bagged baby carrots.
You can season with black pepper for that spicy and sweet flavor.
Skip the brown sugar, and use butter. The honey butter flavor would be amazing on carrots as well.
How to Bake Glazed Carrots:
You can easily make this recipe in the oven. Eliminate the water in the recipe, melt the butter with the sale, and toss with the brown sugar. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Serve them with your favorite dinner and your children will be begging for more vegetables.
Print this Crock pot glazed carrots recipe below:
Sweet Glazed Carrots – Kid Friendly Crock pot Carrots recipe!
- 32 oz bag of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water (can use chicken stock if you have some)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp salt (just eye ball it)
- Place all the carrots in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour water on top.
- Add salt, brown sugar and butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours (until fork tender)
- Spoon the butter glaze over the carrots and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe