This easy Rosemary roasted potatoes recipe can be made on the grill or roasted in the oven. Either way you are going to seriously love this easy side dish. It is quick and easy but packed with flavor.
Rosemary roasted potatoes recipe
Potatoes make such an easy side dish and the ideas are really endless. They are great if you are on a budget, because they are cheap, but you can also find yourself making the same old potatoes.
Try this easy, frugal, and fabulous Roasted Rosemary Potatoes recipe for something different. They just might surprise you!
The entire recipe is so easy and takes very little time to make. Sounds good to me. 🙂
Let’s make rosemary roasted potatoes.
Ingredients for oven roasted rosemary potatoes:
- Red potatoes
- Dried Rosemary
- Garlic Salt
- Foil (if you are grilling them) – Cookie sheet if you are roasting them
How to roast red potatoes:
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Next, dice the red potatoes and mix them together with the oil olive, garlic salt and rosemary in a large mixing bowl. Line a baking dish with foil for easy clean-up.
Spread the potatoes out onto the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are slightly golden brown and fork tender. Serve warm and enjoy!
We love grilling these rosemary roasted potatoes because they are done in 20 minutes, but honestly they are just as delicious in the oven when the weather is too cold. No matter the season, you can enjoy these delicious potatoes!
How do you make roast potatoes crispy?
Higher temperatures such as what this recipe calls for will help to ensure crispy potatoes. The type of potato that you use will also impact how crispy the outside of the potato gets.
Red potatoes and russet potatoes will get crispier on the outside than other types such as Yukon gold potatoes.
Another tip is to soak your potatoes in cold water for about 30 minutes after you dice them. This extra step will help to reduce the starchiness of the potatoes that can often prevent you from getting the desired amount of crispiness.
Can you use other potatoes?
Yes, you certainly can. Other tasty options include russet, Yukon gold, fingerling potatoes and baby potatoes.
Just keep in mind as we mentioned earlier that the type you use will impact the crispiness. However, they all taste delicious.
I often will use what I happen to have or can get on sale at the store. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable.
Utilizing sales and items I already have on hand really helps to keep things reasonable. Plus, my family is still able to enjoy great meals.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for something else and that this amazing meal to your meal plan!
Try this easy recipe today!
Rosemary potatoes are so easy to prepare and make the best side dish. Jazz up potato recipes with this quick and easy side dish idea.
We love to try new things and sometimes make potatoes with lemon and garlic powder or mince garlic. Get creative and enjoy this budget friendly side dish. You can use fresh rosemary or dried rosemary.
This dish is so easy and just really delicious!
What to serve with Roasted potatoes
- Tangy Crockpot Steak
- The Best Steak Marinade – only 3 ingredients!
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- 15 Minute Side Dish – Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes with Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 Minute Roasted Zucchini Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
Print this easy recipe for garlic roasted rosemary potatoes:
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 3 lb Red Potatoes Diced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary Diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dice the red potatoes and mix them together with the oil olive, garlic salt and rosemary in a large mixing bowl.
- Line a baking dish with foil for easy clean-up.
- Spread the potatoes out onto the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes are slightly golden brown and fork tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
If you love this recipe, check out these other delicious side dishes:
- Baked Potatoes in the Microwave – Easy to make!
- Easy Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Easy Recipe on how to Grill Corn on the Cob
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Parmesan Pasta – Easy 2 Ingredient Side Dish
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Potatoes Recipe