This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Crockpot Steak Recipe that is so tender and budget friendly. Sometimes you are just in the mood for steak but you don’t want to put in the effort or the money.
This Slow Cooker Steak Recipe is always on our weekly menu. With my large family, I tried to find ways to enjoy steak without breaking our budget. Crock Pot round steak allows me to enjoy steak with this simple ingredient recipe.
Table of Contents
Why You Need to Make Steak in Slow Cooker:
Cheap steak recipes do not have to be tough and hard to eat. The steak is loaded with flavor and no one will know that it’s inexpensive round steak.
- Round steaks (or any cheap steak )
- Red wine vinegar (any vinegar would probably do)
- A-1 Sauce
- Onion sliced
- Steak Seasoning
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Seasoning – You could also add a little garlic powder, boullion cube, or fresh herbs such as thyme or parsley. It will give this round steak crock pot recipe so much flavor.
- Change Meat – You could also use top sirloin steak, pot roast or chuck roast instead of round steak. We have even made crock pot steak bites for an easy meal idea.
- Add Veggies – Slice some Bell peppers and add them in the slow cooker as well. It would even make a delicious stir fry by adding in mushrooms.
- Sauce Addition – Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar is also a great way to season crock pot steak. Eliminate the A1 sauce, and add these instead. You can also add in Worcestershire Sauce, beef broth or beef stock.
- Seasoning Packets – I use fresh onions, but you can use a package of onion soup mix, brown gravy mix or au jus gravy mix.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Prepare slow cooker by spraying with cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Put the sliced onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Step 3 – Then add the steaks right on top of the onions.
- Step 4 – Use a small bowl and combine the vinegar and A-1. Whisk this together and pour all over the steaks.
- Step 5 – Sprinkle steak seasoning on the steaks.
- Step 6 – Let the slow cooker do the work. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. The cooking times will vary depending how thick your steaks are and how full your slow cooker is.
- Step 7 – While you can cook these on high for reduced time, I suggest cooking on low for longer. Since you are using a cheaper cut of meat, they will be more tender the longer and slower you cook them.
- Step 8 – Now salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to top each serving with onions. That is our favorite part.
- Make Gravy – If you want to make a gravy out of the both. Add a little corn starch once finished cooking to thicken it.
- Browned the Meat – In this recipe, we let the slow cooker do all the work. There is no need to brown the meat before adding it to the crock pot.
- Combining Ingredients – We recommend combining the sauce together in a small bowl before adding to the slow cooker. This mix sure everything is fully combined.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary based on your the size of your steak and slow cooker. We do recommend cooking on low.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Steak Recipe:
- Potatoes– You can dice potatoes and make a foil pack on top of the steak in the crock pot. We also like these easy to make microwave potatoes and mashed potatoes.
- Roasted Green beans – These green beans turn out easy and delicious. You will love the flavor and they can be seasoned many different ways.
- Salad – My favorite is Caesar Salad.
- Steamed Broccoli – Steamed broccoli is my go-to side dish with many different recipes.
- Cauliflower Rice – If you are trying to eat low carb, cauliflower rice is a very good side dish for the keto diet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The crockpot traps steam while cooking so it is possible to slow cook something without liquid. The steam will provide liquid to keep it all from drying out.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. The steak will stay fresh for up to 4 days. We like to divide in individual containers for a quick lunch. The steak reheat easily in the microwave.
More Easy Steak Recipes:
- Grilled Teriyaki Steak Recipe
- How to grill steak perfectly
- Easy Pepper Steak
- Steak Kabobs
- Prime rib recipe
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave us a comment if you try this Crockpot Round Steak Recipe.
Tangy Crockpot Steaks
- 2 lbs Round steaks (or any cheap steak)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (any vinegar would probably do)
- 2 Tablespoons A-1 Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- Spray the crockpot with non stick spray.
- Place the sliced onions the bottom.
- Top with the steaks.
- In a small bowl wisk together the vinegar and A-1. Pour over steaks.
- Season with steak seasoning
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite sides and top with the delicious onions (our favorite part)
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe