Air fryer chicken drumsticks taste crispy and delicious. Enjoy all that you love about fried chicken without the fat or mess of traditional frying.
Air fryer chicken drumsticks
Fried chicken is the best comfort food but I have never liked standing over the stove frying food. The air fryer to the rescue! Thanks to this handy kitchen gadget, our family can enjoy all that we love about fried food with little effort.
We recently made Air Fryer Chicken Breasts and it was a hit! I’m excited to show you how to make these delicious air fryer chicken drumsticks. Each bite is crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
If you have been on the fence about getting an air fryer, go ahead and do it. You won’t regret it. We have this air fryer and it gets a ton of use. I like the larger size so I can fit more in it. Plus, clean up is a breeze with the air fryer. There is such little mess compared to traditional frying where grease is popping and splattering all over.
Air fryer chicken drumsticks Ingredients:
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
How to make drumsticks in air fryer:
First, put the chicken in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil and seasonings all over the chicken. You will need to stir the chicken to make sure each drumstick is well coated in seasoning.
Make sure you preheat the air fryer for 400 degrees. No worries if your air fryer does not have a preheat setting. You can let the air fryer run for 5-7 minutes at 400 degree and that will do the trick.
Next, go ahead and put the drumsticks in the air fryer basket. The chicken needs to be in a single layer. Please note that you may have to cook the chicken drumsticks in several batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
How long do drumsticks take in air fryer?
Cook the chicken for 10 minutes and then flip the drumsticks and cook for another 10 minutes. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. If you check the chicken and it has not, just continue to cook the chicken in intervals of 5 minutes until it does.
The chicken is best served warm. Enjoy!
What to serve with Air fryer chicken legs?
- Roasted Green Beans
- Parmesan Pasta – only 4 ingredients and so easy!
- air fryer baked potato recipe
- mashed potatoes
- Air Fryer Tater Tots – the kids favorite!
My kids love sauces! Just use what you prefer. This meal is going to be delicious.
Try air fryer drumsticks!
You are going to love being able to enjoy fried chicken without the fuss. Once you try air fryer chicken drumsticks, you will want to try chicken breast and chicken thighs.
The crispy skin really makes this recipe taste like the best fried chicken. Just remember to flip the chicken in the air fryer basket.
So the next time you are craving fried chicken, skip the grease and mess and make air fryer drumsticks for your family. It is sure to be a hit!
Make Air fryer chicken legs in minutes.
Print the recipe for chicken drumsticks in air fryer:
Air fryer chicken drumsticks
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Place the drumsticks in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and season with the paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly coat the drumsticks in the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees F. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat option, run the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 400 degree F.
- Place the drumsticks in the air fryer basket in a single layer (you may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Flip the drumsticks and then cook for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees F until the chicken has reached an internal 165 degrees F. If the chicken has not reached this temperature internally then continue to cook in 5 minute increments until the chicken has reached 165 degrees F.
- Serve immediately while still warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy drumstick recipes:
- Crockpot BBQ Ranch Drumsticks Recipe
- Crockpot Drumsticks
- Easy Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe