With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily enjoy Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe. The chili and lime combination makes for an incredible meal no one can resist.
Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
We love chicken drumsticks and this Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks Recipe really jazzes up plain chicken. Plus, the slow cooker makes this meal something we can enjoy even on busy weeknights.
This meal is frugal, delicious and incredibly easy so it meets my criteria. The tasty chili lime marinade really gets infused into the chicken from being slow cooked all day.
You can’t beat the flavor and the meat is so tender and amazing. I can’t wait for you to try this cilantro lime chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Drumsticks
- chicken drumsticks
- limes, juiced
- minced garlic
- chili powder
This all comes together for chicken that has an amazing flavor.
How do you make Crockpot Chili Lime Chicken?
- Make the sauce. Whip up that amazing sauce that makes this chicken so amazing. Just whisk together all the ingredients except the chicken to make the sauce. It is so easy to make with minimum ingredients but flavors the meat perfectly.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Once you arrange the chicken drumsticks in the crock pot, pour the sauce over the chicken in the crock pot. Allow to cook for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Broil the chicken. Once the chicken is finished cooking, put the chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil for just a few minutes to get that crispy golden outside everyone loves and dinner is ready.
- Serve hot and enjoy. These are best served hot and your entire family will love this chicken.
Feel free to garnish with chopped cilantro. It is optional but enhances the flavor and tastes fabulous. Your family will be impressed with this recipe.
Keep reading for complete directions as well as nutrition facts with saturated fat. Print recipe below because this one is a keeper.
What to season chicken drumsticks with?
With just a few seasonings, you can quickly and easily season chicken. We used a blend of minced garlic, chili powder, honey and oil.
Fresh lime was added to the seasoning and combined for amazing flavor. This simple blend makes the chicken so fabulous.
Make sure all of the chicken is well coated with this delicious seasoning. I like to rub it in to make sure every inch is covered generously.
What to serve CrockPot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks?
- Keep the skin on the chicken drumsticks to lock in flavor. It also keeps the chicken extremely moist.
- Chicken broils very quickly so be careful not to burn it. I would not walk away during this step as it needs to be watched very carefully.
- Use the best ingredients possible. Fresh lime is preferred.
- Broiling is the perfect finishing touch. While the chicken will be fully cooked prior to this step, I suggest not skipping this step. It makes the chicken crispy on the outside with a golden brown coating.
- Chicken thighs make a great substitution. Just make sure to use bone in thighs with the skin on. Also, the cooking time will vary based on the size.
- Baking option. You can bake the chicken for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees. Once cooked, remove the foil so the chicken can brown for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Garlic. We used minced garlic but you can always substitute fresh or even garlic powder in this recipe.
Try this tasty recipe.
Everyone will enjoy this Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime recipe. It is one of the easiest slow cooker recipes and loaded with flavor.
This cooking method produces really tender and delicious chicken. While you can cook on high, we prefer to cook it low and slow.
Make this slow cooker chili lime chicken for a great meal. It is the perfect recipe to jazz up plain chicken and versatile.
If you are bored of chicken and wondering what to do, make this simple recipe. It is truly effortless with minimum ingredients and time needed.
Plus, it just tastes amazing. You can do put this together without much prep work and come home to a great meal ready to enjoy.
Print this Crock Pot Chicken Drumsticks recipe below:
Crock Pot Chili Lime Chicken Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients (except the drumsticks) to make a sauce.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in the crock pot.
- Pour the sauce over the drumsticks.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or on high for 3 hours until the chicken is tender.
- When finished place the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Broil for 1-5 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Then the drumsticks are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
What kind of hot sauce is used for this?