This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy air fryer cheese sticks in minutes. We love this appetizer and my kids go crazy over this air fryer mozzarella sticks recipe. Serve with easy marinara sauce for dipping.
Air fryer mozzarella sticks recipe
The air fryer has been a game changer around here. We love Mozzarella sticks and cooking them in the air fryer makes them taste restaurant quality. They are amazing!
The outside is crispy and golden brown while the inside is ooey gooey and just perfect. These are really so delicious. You have to give these a try. I will warn you though. Once you make them, there isn’t any going back to those frozen boxes at the grocery store.
Make these for a quick snack, parties, movie night, Game Day and more. They will be a hit!
Ingredients for homemade cheese sticks:
- Mozzarella cheese sticks
- Italian bread crumbs
- Panko Bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese – grated
How to make Air fryer mozzarella sticks:
First, go ahead and get 3 small bowls out. Put flour in one bowl, eggs in a second bowl (beat them together) and then in third bowl put both bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Second, cut each string cheese in half. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper and then spray it with cooking spray.
Next, dip the string cheese in flour to coat it, then dip in the eggs and finally dip in the bread crumbs. After you have dipped the cheese sticks, put on the cookie sheet you prepared.
Keep doing this until all of the string cheese have been coated and placed on the baking sheet.
Now, put hem in the freezer. They need to stay in the freezer at least 2 hours so they are frozen through.
Finally, let’s cook the mozzarella sticks. You do not need to preheat the air fryer!
You will need to spray the cheese sticks with olive oil before putting them in the air fryer at 390 degrees.
Let them cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. You want them to begin to brown and get soft. Watch them closely because if you cook them too long, the cheese will start to ooze out of the breading.
Finally, take them out of air fryer and let them sit a few minutes. Enjoy!
If you have leftovers, store inside an air tight container for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. However, these are best fresh out of the air fryer.
What to serve with air fryer cheese sticks?
- The cheese sticks are best served warm and fresh out of the air fryer.
- You will need a good air fryer. This is the air fryer that I have and it the size works well for us. We have been trying lots of new recipes and cleanup is easy.
- Find even more air fryer recipes to try.
This recipe is delicious!
I love how quick and easy the air fryer makes these. They are perfectly cooked and each bite is delicious.
We make these frequently now that I know how simple and fast the air fryer makes them. It only takes a minute and they are ready to enjoy.
The crispy outside tastes like it was deep fried and the cheesy middle is the perfect texture. They are the best and I can’t wait for you to make these!
Print the recipe for air fryer mozzarella cheese sticks below:
Air fryer cheese sticks
- You will need 3 small bowls. Place flour in one bowl, eggs in a second bowl (beat them together) and then both bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a third bowl (mixed together).
- Cut each string cheese in half and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Coat one sting cheese in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Continue to do this until all of the string cheese are on the cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours until frozen through.
- Do not preheat the air fryer.
- Spray the cheese sticks with olive oil and cook them in the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 5-6 minutes until they begin to brown and get soft. Watch them closely as if they are over cooked, the cheese will seep out of the breading.
- Let sit for a few minutes and then serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe