This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for an easy way to cook canned biscuits make Air Fryer Biscuits. Canned biscuits come out golden brown and so delicious. It is faster than traditional baking, and result in crispy fresh tasting biscuits.
We love making biscuits during the week and even the weekends. But don’t always have time to bake them in the oven. So I tossed them in my air fryer and they came out perfect in half the time.
The hot circulating make biscuits golden brown and extra tasty. The texture comes out perfectly and the middle is perfectly soft. If you love this quick and easy air fryer recipes then you will love Air Fryer Donuts Recipe.
Table of Contents
- Can I put Biscuits in the Air Fryer?
- Ingredients You Need
- How to Cook Biscuits in the Air Fryer
- Tips and Tricks
- How long do you put Biscuits in the Air Fryer?
- How to Cook Frozen Biscuits in the Air Fryer?
- Serving Suggestions
- Can you Freeze Biscuits?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recipes with Biscuits
- 1. Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- 2. Air Fryer Donuts
- 3. Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 4. Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 5. Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- Air Fryer Biscuits Recipe
Can I put Biscuits in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can put biscuit dough in the air fryer. We love how flaky and golden brown they turn out. This is now how we cook all of our canned biscuits. No need to heat up the oven, when you can air fryer them a lot faster.
Ingredients You Need
- Refrigerated Biscuits
- Spray Olive Oil
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe in the recipe card.
How to Cook Biscuits in the Air Fryer
- Step 1 – Prepare Air Fryer – Spray the air fryer basket with a spray olive oil to prevent the Pillsbury biscuits from sticking to the basket.
- Step 2 – Preheat Air Fryer – Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
- Step 3 – Place biscuits in the air fryer – Place the biscuits in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure to not overlap the biscuits and space them out so that they are not touching.
- Step 4 – Cook Biscuits – Cook the biscuits in the at 330 degrees F for 5-6 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through and golden brown.
Tips and Tricks
- Only use Olive Oil – Do not use Pam cooking spray in an oven style air fryer as this spray will damage the air fryer basket style. You can also line your air fryer with parchment paper.
- No need to flip biscuits – I did not flip the biscuits dough while they were cooking as the air is able to get all around the biscuits in the basket. If your air fryer cooks hotter on one side, then I would flip the biscuits half way through the cook time.
- Any type of biscuits will work – I used buttermilk biscuits for this recipe. However, you can also use this recipe to make Grands or Flakey Layer Biscuits as well.
- Reduce cooking time for smaller biscuits – If you use smaller biscuits, cook them in the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 4-5 minutes until they are golden brown. Cooking time will vary depending on the size.
- Top your biscuits – For a savory biscuit, top your biscuits with garlic butter or kosher salt when they come out of the air fryer.
How long do you put Biscuits in the Air Fryer?
Preheat you air fryer for about 5 minutes prior to putting the biscuits in the air fryer. Once you air fryer is heated, place biscuits and heat for 5-7 minutes.
How to Cook Frozen Biscuits in the Air Fryer?
If you have air fryer frozen biscuits they can be cooked in the air fryer. Cook them the same way but you will need to cook for 10 minutes. Then flip and cook another 10 watching it in the last 3-4 minutes.
Cooking Pillsbury Grands Biscuits in the air fryer for my family. The crispy texture is amazing and even better topped with melted butter. They are delicious served with our favorite breakfast foods such as eggs and bacon. But we also serve as a side dish for a complete meal idea.
These are some of our favorite homemade biscuits toppings.
- Homemade Jelly or Jam
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter Recipe
- Homemade Butter
- Chocolate Gravy
- Sausage Gravy
- Breakfast Sandwiches
Can you Freeze Biscuits?
Yes, you can freeze biscuits. Once your biscuits have cooled completely, wrap them in foil and place in a freezer safe bag. Make sure to squeeze any air out before placing in the freezer.
The air fried frozen biscuits will stay good for about 2-4 weeks if stored properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reheat your biscuits, place back in the air fryer and reheat for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees. If the biscuits are frozen, reheat for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Reheating is easy to do and perfect way to make these ahead of time.
Store leftover biscuits in an airtight container. If stored at room temperature they will be good for 1-2 days. You can also place in the refrigerator to extend freshness for about a week.
Make sure before storing that your biscuits have cooled completely.
Recipes with Biscuits
Try air frying biscuits to add to these easy recipes to complete your meal.
1. Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
2. Air Fryer Donuts
3. Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
4. Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
5. Easy Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
We love hearing from you. If you make Canned Biscuits in Air Fryer, please leave us a comment.
Air Fryer Biscuits
- 1 can Refrigerated Biscuits
- Spray Olive Oil
- Spray the air fryer basket with a spray olive oil to prevent the biscuits from sticking to the basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
- Place the biscuits in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure to not overlap the biscuits and space them out so that they are not touching.
- Cook the biscuits in the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5-6 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through and golden brown.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe