This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ chicken is a delicious blend of sweet and savory. With just 3 ingredients, this meal is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve over rice or on buns and dinner is complete!
If you want a fabulous dinner then this is the crock pot hawaiian bbq chicken recipe for you! I am IN LOVE! Not only does it tastes like you have been cooking all day, but it is also VERY frugal friendly.
Once you learn how to make this Hawaiian BBQ Chicken, you will see why it is a family favorite. You are going to absolutely love how easy this meal is to make in the crock pot.
Let’s get started!
- Chicken Breasts
- Barbecue Sauce – Try this easy homemade barbecue sauce or we also love Stubb’s bbq sauce if we are using store bought.
- Pineapple Chunks
How to make Crock pot Hawaiian BBQ chicken:
- First, place chicken and onions in the crockpot.
- Second, place the pineapple and the juice on top of the chicken. Add the BBQ sauce and that is it!
- Finally, cook on low. It normally takes about 8 to 10 hours.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, shred and stir back into the sauce.
- Note- You can cook on high if you prefer for 3-4 hours.
How to serve:
- The chicken and sauce is so delicious over rice. I could literally eat the amazing sauce by the spoonful. Try white rice or brown rice.
- Make sandwiches! You can use hamburger buns, rolls or anything you like.
- Try sliders. Use smaller rolls to make sliders for kids or parties. This smaller portion is perfect for little hands or when you need something for a party.
How to freeze:
I love to make a double recipe and freeze it for later. It is so handy having this in the freezer for a quick meal.
Simply place it in a freezer bag. I like to use bags because they lay flat and take up less room in the freezer.
Once you are ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in a pan. It is so easy!
The best Hawaiian chicken recipe!
You are going to love this super simple dinner idea! I promise. It is packed with flavor without much work at all.
Pineapple chicken is easy to prepare. I really love the combination of BBQ sauce and pineapple together. It is amazing and I’m not kidding when I say the sauce is the best!
I could eat this chicken alone because it is that yummy and flavorful.
With only 3 ingredients, you can make this without much expense. It tastes like there is more involved but really it is so easy and budget friendly.
- Substitute chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. You can also mix them together. This is a great way to save money and use what is on sale or you already have.
- Freeze rice to make this meal even easier during the week. I love to cook a bunch of rice in advance in the slow cooker. Divide into equal portions and freeze for later. Dinner just got even easier!
- Any pineapple will work! We used pineapple chunks but rings, crushed or whatever you have will work.
- Frozen chicken breasts are fine to use. I have literally taken this from freezer to crockpot and walked out the door for the day.
Give it a try!
I promise, this is one recipe that you want to save and put on your menu this week! Enjoy!
Be sure to check out all of our delicious Crock Pot Recipes here.
Print this easy slow cooker hawaiian bbq chicken recipe:
Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breast (approximately 4-5 Chicken Breasts)
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Can of Pineapple Chunks (20 oz.)
- Place the chicken, barbecue sauce and pineapple chunks in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and mix it into the sauce in the crock pot.
- Serve immediately over rice, topped with diced green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe