This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken sandwiches easily serve a crowd and come together with little work. It’s the perfect recipe for summer BBQ’s, quick meals after ballgames or really any time of the year.
Instant pot Hawaiian BBQ chicken sandwiches make an easy meal.
Whenever I have a busy week ahead, I always put this delicious recipe on the menu plan. The instant pot makes it so quick and easy while the flavor can’t be beat.
I have never met a crowd that didn’t love these tangy sandwiches. The meat is really tender and you will think it was slow cooked all day. Serve it for family dinner, parties and more and be prepared for everyone to want the recipe.
If we are going to be gone all day, I make our Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken or even our Hawaiian Pork Chops Recipe. With such yummy options, dinner is a breeze. Whether you use the slow cooker or pressure cooker, you will love this recipe.
Why we love this recipe:
- They are fast to make and feed a crowd. The entire family will love them.
- This recipe is budget friendly. You won’t ruin your grocery budget with these sandwiches.
- The Hawaiian sandwiches have just a hint of sweetness from the pineapple. Combine that with the tang from the BBQ sauce and you have an amazing meal.
- It’s versatile and easy to also serve on sliders for parties or kids. Sliders are always fun and tasty.
- Chicken breasts are delicious but you can easily substitute chicken thighs too. Use what you have! We are fans of seeing what is in the freezer first or on sale at the grocery store.
Supplies you need:
Let’s get started with Instant pot Hawaiian chicken!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Barbecue Sauce – You can use any brand you prefer but we love to make this easy homemade barbecue sauce.
- Pineapple Chunks
- Buns- hamburger buns, ciabatta buns, sliders, rolls and more make great options.
- Coleslaw (for Topping) – We love this homemade slaw recipe.
How to make Instant pot Hawaiian bbq chicken:
First, add the chicken and onions in the pressure cooker. Place the pineapple with juice on top of the chicken and pour the BBQ sauce over everything.
Second, put the lid on and make sure it is set to sealing. Use the manual button and set the pressure time for 25 minutes.
Once finished cooking, manually remove the pressure.
Lastly, shred the chicken. The meat should be tender so this will be easy.
Jump to recipe at the bottom and get all the details.
How to serve:
- The shredded chicken is awesome on buns such as ciabatta, rolls, hamburger buns or anything you have.
- Make sliders if you want smaller portions.
- We serve with coleslaw on top but this is optional if you have kiddos that don’t care for this. Make sure to try the best coleslaw recipe.
- Leftovers are great on baked potatoes or sweet potatoes. We often serve this the following day and it’s always a hit. It makes a great lunch too.
Try Instant pot BBQ Chicken sandwiches.
We love this easy meal and it’s a big hit with everyone. It’s easy to feed a crowd if you have a get together and budget friendly too. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
The pineapple juice combined with the barbecue sauces gives the chicken such a sweet and tangy flavor. It is so easy and you can use frozen chicken or whatever you have.
I promise this will be such an easy meal for any night of the week. From dinner to parties, you simply can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Print your Instant pot bbq chicken recipe below:
Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches recipe
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast (approximately 4 chicken breasts)
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks (20 oz.) Do not drain.
- 6 Ciabatta Buns
- 1 ½ cup Coleslaw Mix
- Place the chicken breasts, barbecue sauce and pineapple chunks in the instant pot.
- Place lid on top and set the valve on the lid to the sealing position.
- Click your manual button and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- After the cooking time, then do a quick release by moving the valve on the lid to the venting position to release all the pressure from the instant pot.
- Shred the chicken the instant pot into large pieces and stir the chicken back into the mixture.
- Serve the chicken on the bun topped with the coleslaw mix and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More chicken recipes:
Try these easy instant pot sandwiches:
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Easy Instant Pot Brisket Sandwich Recipe
- Instant Pot Meatball Sandwich Recipe
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches Recipe