Enjoy this instant pot baked potatoes recipe in about 15 minutes. This is the perfect side dish in a fraction of the time for the best ever baked potato.
Instant pot baked potatoes recipe
Baked potatoes go with just about anything making it a really popular side dish. Whether you are making Balsamic Pork Tenderloin or Easy Baked Tilapia, a baked potato is always a good idea. It is also good with Instant pot whole chicken recipe.
It truly is one of our favorite side dishes and so simple to make. Plus, it is frugal!
If you enjoy using the pressure cooker like we do, you have to try baked potatoes in the instant pot. This is a game changer!
I love the way potatoes taste once they are baked in the oven. Now, you can get that same great taste in minutes thanks to the instant pot!
What you need for instant pot baked potatoes:
- Medium Size russet Potatoes, washed
How to make baked potatoes in the instant pot:
Stab each potato 5-6 times with a fork to allow pressure to release while cooking.
Place the potatoes in the instant pot. You can stack them as well if needed.
HOW LONG DO I COOK BAKED POTATOES IN THE INSTANT POT?
Seal the instant pot. Choose the high pressure cook option on the instant pot and select from 14-16 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes (if your potatoes are larger than you’ll want to use the longer time).
After the cook time is done, allow the pressure to release naturally from the instant pot.
Remove the perfectly baked potatoes from instant pot (carefully as they will be hot). Top with salt and pepper and all of your favoriting toppings and enjoy!
I love the crispy skins and tender inside. Yum!
- We love to make loaded bake potatoes with bacon, cheese, chives and sour cream. Yum!
- broccoli and homemade cheese sauce
- They are delicious topped with this Easy Quick Chili Recipe! I keep small containers in the freezer of this chili just for potatoes.
Also, have you ever had a baked potato bar? This is the perfect way to turn a baked potato into a main meal! Such a great idea and very frugal for a crowd.
We like to chop up steak or grilled chicken and top the potatoes with it. Add in cheese, chives, bacon bits, sour cream and more! Such a fantastic meal idea!
We have used this idea for birthday parties or celebrations for a crowd. It really stretches the meat and makes it so frugal.
Make sure you have a good pressure cooker to make instant pot baked potatoes.
You can find the Instant pot on sale here. It’s really changed dinner time around here.
Also, the instant pot comes with a trivet but if you misplaced it, you can get another one here.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I don’t have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all.
Those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your saving grace.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours and it makes soup recipes even easier.
You can also these Instant Pot Accessories to make pressure cooking a breeze. We just love to pressure cook and I am certain you will too.
Dinner time is much easier and less complicated now that I have the pressure cooker. If you are hesitant or on the fence, don’t be. You will love it!
Find more instant pot recipes.
We also love instant pot chicken and rice recipe.
Print the recipe for baked potatoes in the instant pot:
Instant pot Baked Potatoes
- 6 Medium Size Potatoes washed
- Place 1 cup of water into the insert of the instant pot. Then place the trivet that came with the instant pot on the bottom of the insert as well.
- Stab each potato 5-6 times with a fork to allow pressure to release while cooking.
- Place the potatoes in the instant pot. You can stack them as well if needed.
- Seal the instant pot. Choose the high pressure cook option on the instant pot and select from 14-16 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes (if your potatoes are larger than you'll want to use the longer time).
- After the cook time is done, allow the pressure to release naturally from the instant pot.
- Remove the potatoes from instant pot (carefully as they will be hot). Top with your favoriting toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy instant pot potato recipes:
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Potatoes
- Instant Pot Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Red Potatoes Recipe (ready in 10 minutes)
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes