Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Chicken is a family favorite and such an easy meal. The kids love when Dr. Pepper Chicken Sliders are on the menu for the week. You seriously will not believe how easy they are!
Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Chicken
We love the crock pot and this Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Chicken does not disappoint. We enjoy it year round but it is especially nice in the Summer for a quick meal.
I love that we can do something fun as a family and spend less time in the kitchen. This really is perfect for Summer activities or busy weeks during the school year.
I don’t know about you, but my family has been loving the Summer so far. One of my favorite memories in the Summer as a child is swimming.
Now that I am older and have a house filled with children, I just love bringing back my childhood memories in the Summer. We love to swim as a family and just play – even the kiddos like to lay out with me in the sun.
It is so nice to come inside after a day of fun and eat these delicious sliders. Let the crock pot do all the work!
Make sure you have a good crock pot to make this dr pepper chicken recipe.
If you are in the market for something new, I really love my Ninja cooker. The nice thing about this is you can brown the meat in the same slow cooker for recipes that call for that.
It is so handy to just have the one pan to clean. It has become of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I also really like this crockpot as well. I use this all the time and it’s great.
My favorite feature is that you can lock the lid down. This is awesome for when you need to take the crockpot somewhere.
I often use the slow cooker to take dishes to potluck events and this feature is amazing! There are several others on sale here.
Another favorite is this programmable crock pot for when I am am not at home all day. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting!
I also like to use crock pot liners to make clean up a breeze. These are worth every penny and save a ton of time.
What to serve with dr pepper chicken?
Now I’m just going to keep it real! If we are out by the pool or on vacation, my kids love chips with these sliders. It’s just easy.
However, there are so many really easy side dishes I also love to make with these chicken sliders.
Some of our favorites include:
- Classic Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Corn on the Cob
- Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
We also have served the sandwiches with a simple side of broccoli. Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a really quick and easy side dish.
Slow cooker dr pepper chicken ingredients:
- boneless chicken breasts
- BBQ Sauce (We love this homemade BBQ Sauce but sweet baby ray barbecue sauce is good as well.)
- Dr Pepper
- minced garlic
- 1 onion -chopped or slices (I do chopped to help “hide” them from the kids)
- Hawaiian rolls
- Topping ideas (sliced red onion, sharp cheddar cheese, more bbq sauce)
How to make crock pot dr pepper bbq chicken:
In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, bbq sauce, onion and Dr Pepper.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred and enjoy!
Serve on Hawaiian rolls with your favorite toppings.
Your family will love these dr pepper bbq chicken sandwiches!
They are amazing. Dr. Pepper BBQ Chicken is always a crowd favorite. Sometimes, I add brown sugar and onion powder if i don’t have onions. You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
We love the crock pot but have also made this in a baking dish in the oven. It’s very versatile.
Try dr pepper chicken sliders for parties!
This meal is great for parties and sliders are great when you need smaller portions. Plus, this meal is very easy and takes little preparation.
Ways to use leftover dr pepper chicken:
The possibilities are endless for leftovers. In fact, we love it so much that I try to intentionally have leftovers.
You can make quesadillas and chimichangas for an easy weeknight meal. The shredded chicken is also great on a salad or in lettuce wraps.
Make a baked potato bar and load your potato with this delicious BBQ chicken on top. Yum!
Print this recipe for crock pot dr pepper bbq chicken below:
Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce any kind will work
- 1 can Dr Pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion -chopped or slices I do chopped to help “hide” them from the kids
- 24 hawaiian rolls
- Topping ideas sliced red onion, sharp cheddar cheese, more BBQ sauce
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, bbq, onion and Dr Pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred.
- Serve on hawaiian rolls with your favorite toppings.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Not only is it simple to make but this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe is very cost effective as well.
Try these other easy crock pot sandwich recipes:
- Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteaks Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Easy Crockpot Meatballs Sub Recipe
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Crock Pot Root Beer Chicken Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- Crock Pot Chipotle BBQ Beef Sandwich