Corn on the Cob is one of our favorite side dishes. It’s inexpensive and so tasty. Boiling Corn on the Cob is simple and tastes amazing! Learn the trick to the best corn on the cob ever!
Boiling Corn on the Cob
Learn the secret to the most amazing Corn on the Cob! I do this every time I boil corn and my kids can’t get enough. It’s so good and packed with flavor. What’s the secret you ask? Instead of using plain water, try boiling the corn in milk and butter instead! You are going to love how delicious this corn is. It just takes it to an entirely new level. It’s amazing!
We also liked Grilled Corn on the Cob! It’s such an easy side dish.
How long do you boil corn on the cob?
How do you know when boiled corn on the cob is done?
How do you cook fresh corn on the cob?
We love corn and trying new ways to cook it. Some of our favorites include:
- Mexican Corn on the Cob- Easy Mexican Street Corn
- Parmesan Grilled Corn on the Cob
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob
And if there is any leftover corn, I love to make Spicy Corn Dip. Yum! This is the best dip if you need a fun snack or party idea! We make this for game day, parties and more. Serve it with tortilla chips and it’s so good!
Now that you know how long to boil corn on the cob, let’s get started!
- 6-8 ears of corn
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup milk
How to boil Corn on the Cob:
1. Fill a large pot with water and heat on the stove on high heat. Bring to a boil. (You can also use salted water to boil the corn)
2. Once your water is warm add in a stick of butter and a cup of milk.
3. Peel the corn husks off your corn and remove the silk. Add the corn cobs to the water mixture once the water is boiling.
4. Cook the corn cobs for 8-10 minutes, carefully remove the corn and enjoy! Cover the pot until ready to eat.
*I like to discard the water outside rather than the sink because of the butter in the water.
Add more butter and salt and pepper if you prefer. Serve immediately. Enjoy! Boiling corn is that simple! I’m certain it will be a hit with everyone in the entire family!
You will love how yummy fresh corn tastes. This recipe makes the perfect corn. Buying corn is so frugal in the Summer. Stock up when you can. You can even freeze corn on the cob. When I find a good deal, I buy a ton and freeze it. We have yummy corn all year round at a great price. This is one of the ways I cut my grocery bill in half using these 8 Tips for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Print your Boiled Corn on the Cob recipe below:
- 6-8 corn on the cob
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Fill a large pot with water and heat on the stove on high heat.
- Once your water is warm add in a stick of butter and a cup of milk.
- Peel the husk off your corn and add the corn cobs to the water mixture once the water is boiling.
- Cool the corn cobs for 8-10 minutes, carefully remove the corn and enjoy!
I use a stock pot to boil the corn on the cob. My favorite is the Calphalon 8 quart with stainless steel insert. It’s so handy to just lift it right out of the pan and have the water drained. I use this all the time for boiling corn, pasta, vegetables and more! This pot gets a lot of use!
We have several cute corn on the cob dishes and holders. It makes it so easy for the kids to eat it. Plus, they are so cute! Did you know they even have butter spreaders just for corn? These are so handy if you like to add more butter after the corn has cooked. Even the kids can easily spread the butter without getting it everywhere. I love my butter spreader!
Give this yummy boiled corn on the cob a try. Let us know what you think. I was using plain water for years and years. Once I switched to this method with milk and butter, it was a game changer! My family loves this corn. I also have brought it to pot luck dinners and cookouts. Everyone loves corn and it’s very inexpensive. Sometimes I will break corn on the cob into 2 pieces. It’s perfect for little hands or cookouts. What is your favorite way to eat corn on the cob? Leave us a comment and let us know!
Here are more delicious side dish recipes:
- Baked Potatoes in the Microwave – Easy to make!
- Easy Recipe on how to Grill Corn on the Cob
- Foil Pack Grilled Potatoes
- Parmesan Pasta – Easy 2 Ingredient Side Dish
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini