This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn How to Microwave Corn on the Cob an easy way. The step-by-step instruction will have you eating corn on the cob in less than 5 minutes.
How to Microwave Corn on the Cob:
Microwave Corn on the Cob is a quick and easy side dish that everyone will love. It is the most efficient way to enjoy corn on the cob when you don’t have a lot of time.
I was surprised to learn that you leave the corn husk on the corn to microwave. Leaving the husk on the corn allows the corn to steam in its on juices and absorbs all the flavor of the husks.
If you are looking for a mess free way to cook corn on the cob, then I recommend the microwave method. Then top your corn with butter, salt and pepper and anything else you love. Corn on the cob is always a family favorite.
How do you Microwave two ears of corn?
For just 1 or 2 ears of corn cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. If you have more than two ears of corn that you want to microwave, then I would increase your time by a 1 minute.
For softer corn or if your corn is larger in size, microwave for 1 minute longer.
- Corn on the Cob, husks on
How to Cook Corn on the Cob in the Microwave:
- Prepare the Corn – Trim the edges off of the husk and the silks of the corn on the cob with a knife. Do not remove the husks from the corn.
- Place the corn directly in the microwave. Do not remove the husk. Microwave on the high setting for 4 minutes.
- Continue Cooking – If the corn is not done, continue to cook it in 30 second increments until the corn is cooked to your preference.
- Remove The Corn – When the corn has cooled some and is safe to handle, shuck the corn and silks from the corn.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then it’s ready to enjoy. This recipe is to make 1 corn on the cob. Add 2 minutes to the cooking time for each additional ear.
How long to Microwave Corn on the Cob:
Cooking sweet corn with power of the microwave doesn’t take long at all. Once you have cut off the end of the corn, then place in the microwave. Start with cooking the cob at about 3 minutes.
If the corn is still hard or you would like it a little softer, cook for an additional minute.
You can also remove the husk from the corn, and wrap the corn in a damp paper towel and cook in the microwave.
How to Get Corn off the Cob:
We love eating corn right off the cob, but sometimes you need it off the cob to make a corn salsa. The easiest way to get the corn off the cob is to use a bundt pan or on a cutting board.
If you would like to learn more, we give you all the details here.
How to Choose the Right Corn:
The best corn to get is from a farmer, a farm stand or at a farmers market. Once a corn is picked, it looses its sweetness the moment it has been picked. Serve as quickly as possible after it has been harvested.
A good corn on the cob should be heavy and have very little give. When picking corn at the grocery store, make sure the ears are bright green and not wilted. We recommend squeezing the corn around the tips to ensure it is full and juicy.
Corn on the Cob Topping Ideas:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Use Different Cheeses
- Add Taco Seasoning
More Corn on the Cob Recipes:
How to Store Leftover Corn:
Refrigerate any leftover corn in an air tight container for up to 5 days. To reheat corn, place in the microwave until heated.
Can you Freeze Corn on the Cob?
These tips will show you different ways on How to Freeze Corn on the Cob. You can freeze on the cob or remove the kernels and freeze.
Freezing corn saves you time and money.
Easy Side Dish Idea:
If you are looking for an easy side dish, Microwave Corn on the Cob is always the one I fix. There are many ways you can make corn on the cob.
We love to grill, cook in the crock pot or instant pot and even cook on the stovetop. It to makes an amazing side dish. We love to cut the kernels off the corn to mix it with salsa and avocado or to top our salads.
It is also great to add to your Mexican Recipes.
Print Recipe here on How to Microwave Corn on the Cob:
Microwave Corn on the Cob
- 1 Corn on the Cob husks on
- Trim the edges off of the husk and the silks of the corn on the cob. Do not remove the husks from the corn.
- Place the corn directly in the microwave. Do not remove the husk. Microwave on the high setting for 4 minutes. If the corn is not done, continue to cook it in 30 second increments until the corn is cooked to your preference.
- When the corn has cooled some and is safe to handle, remove the husk and silks from the corn.
- Then it’s ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe