We love pasta salad and this recipe is one of our favorites. It’s loaded with yummy veggies, pasta, Italian dressing and more! Italian Pasta Salad Recipe is easy to fix and budget friendly.
Italian pasta salad recipe
I can make a large batch of this for very little. It’s the perfect dish for taking to parties, pot lucks, BBQ’s and more! This pasta salad goes well with so many different things. It’s yummy with Easy Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe, hot dogs with the best coleslaw, burgers and more!
The pasta salad is pretty in a glass bowl. I love being able to see all the different colors in the pasta salad. If you are taking it to a cook out, you might like one of these plastic bowls with lids. These are so handy for traveling and the lid keeps everything mess free. I have had quite a few spills and let me tell you, it’s no fun. Grab one of these bowls with a lid and problem solved!
How do you make pasta salad with Italian dressing?
Ingredients for Easy Italian pasta salad:
- 1 16 ounce package of rotini pasta (We love the multi-colored)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound of mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of black olives (10 oz), drained
- 8 oz Italian dressing (I use 1 cup Wish Bone Italian dressing but any brand will do)
- 6 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
How to make Pasta Salad with Italian dressing:
- Bring a large of of water to a boil.
- Add pasta Cook pasta according to package directions and cook until al dente. You want your pasta firm.
- Drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and black olives.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the top. Add in the Parmesan cheese and stir to coat.
You can add a dash of olive oil if you want. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour for the flavors to come together. Enjoy!
What do you put in your pasta salad?
Feel free to mix up the ingredients for what your family prefers. Add some of their favorites or omit the ones they don’t care for. We love the tricolor pasta but you can use any kind of pasta you like. Penne or elbow pasta are good in this too.
How do you make a good pasta salad?
There are so many different ways to make pasta salad. I love this pasta salad with Italian dressing. We also like Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad. I think a good pasta salad has lots of tasty vegetables, dressing and more. You can use different types of pasta and mix things up.
Cold Pasta Salad with Italian dressing is the perfect picnic food!
Italian dressing pasta salad is the best recipe!
Print Easy pasta salad recipe below:
Italian pasta salad recipe is loaded with olives, tomatoes, cheese and more! Easy Italian pasta salad has the best flavor and will be a hit. Pasta salad with Italian dressing is the perfect side dish.Bring this Easy pasta salad recipe to parties, BBQ's and more! Cold pasta salad with Italian dressing is so easy.
- (1) 16 ounce package of rotini pasta (We love the multi-colored)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 can of black olives 10 oz, drained
- 8 oz Italian dressing
- 6 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
Bring a large of of water to a boil.
Add pasta and cook until al dente. You want your pasta firm.
Drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, green pepper, and black olives.
Pour the Italian dressing over the top. Add in the Parmesan cheese and stir to coat.
Let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour for the flavors to come together.
Add red onion to give this pasta dish even more flavor. Other ideas...how about adding fresh mozzarella or some fresh herbs?! You will not be disappointed.
Pasta Salad recipe with Italian dressing is so simple to make.
It’s really good room temperature before serving. It is such an easy easy pasta salad. We love this summer salad. Sometimes, I use fresh mozzarella and that is really yummy. Just make sure you drain and rinse. I like to add red onion and it adds the best flavor. It’s also so pretty. You can even throw in some fresh herbs and this Italian pasta is even better!
If you need an easy side dish for a weeknight meal, try this Italian Pasta Salad. It’s delicious and sure to be a hit! I love bringing this dish and people always gobble it up! Don’t be surprised when people ask for the recipe! It’s always a hit!
If you like this Easy Pasta Salad with Italian dressing, you might like to try some of these other pasta salads.
We love easy side dishes. They are perfect for busy nights when you need a tasty side dish but don’t have a lot of time. Pasta salad is the perfect dish to make in bulk and grab when you need it. I love keeping a big bowl in the refrigerator. It’s also really good for quick lunches. I could eat it all by itself. It’s so good!