Kielbasa Pasta is a one pot dish that is loaded with kielbasa, pasta, and cheese. It is creamy, delicious and easy to make. This is the perfect weeknight recipe.
One Pot Kielbasa Pasta Recipe:
Easy One Pot Kielbasa Recipes with Pasta makes the perfect weeknight meal. This savory dish is loaded with cheese, pasta and kielbasa. Everything cooks in one pot for a complete meal idea.
We love one pot meals because it makes for an easy clean up meal and saves time and money. This flavorful, delicious meal is always a family favorite and made with simple ingredients.
This recipe is so tasty and easy and just all around the best meal. The cheesy sauce has just the perfect amount of seasoning. Add a salad and breadsticks for a complete meal idea in less than 30 minutes.
- Olive Oil
- Smoked Kielbasa (sliced into ¼ inch slices)
- Yellow Onion (finely diced)
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Diced Tomatoes (10 ounce can)
- Rotini Pasta (uncooked)
- Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
How to Make Kielbasa Pasta:
- Step 1 – Cook the Kielbasa and Onions – Heat the olive oil in a large deep saucepan over medium high heat. Add in the diced Kielbasa and diced onions for 5-6 minutes until the sausage is browned and onions are soft.
- Step 2 – Cook the Minced Garlic – Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Step 3 – Stir in Other Ingredients – Then stir in the diced tomatoes, pastas milk and seasonings. Slowly add in water until the pasta is covered (approximately 2 cups of water). Stir to combine.
- Step 4 – Bring to a Boil – Bring the mixture to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Step 5 – Stir in Cheese – Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Step 6 – Let Cheese Melt – Cover and let sit until the cheese is melted.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
Kielbasa and Pasta Recipe Tips:
- Smoked Sausage – Prepare the Kielbasa Sausage, slice the kielbasa about ¼ inch thick to cook in the skillet.
- Simmer Ingredients – When adding in the noodles with the chicken broth, make sure the mixture comes to a boil. This makes sure the noodles cook to al dente.
- Melt Cheese – Once the pasta is cooked, remove from heat and add the cheese. Then cover the dish so the cheese melts and combines into the pasta and sausage.
- Cover Pot – Cover the pot with the ingredients so that the ingredients cook. But continue to toss so the noodles do not stick to the bottom.
- Large Skillet – You can cook the pasta, sausage and cheese in a large skillet or a dutch oven.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Add Vegetables – Feel free to add in vegetables to this mix. We like to mix in diced bell peppers or chopped broccoli.
- Parmesan Cheese – This pasta dish would be delicious topped with shredded parmesan cheese when serving.
- Pasta – You can use any of your favorite types of pasta in this recipe instead of Rotini.
- Change Meat – We used Kielbasa in this recipe, but you can use different brats. We love the Jalapeno and Cheddar mixed in with the pasta dish. But you can also use leftover chicken or ground beef.
- Cheese – We love to top the one pot dish with loads of parmesan cheese. But feel free to add in other types of cheeses. Mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, or fontina.
- Spinach – We love adding spinach to this recipe but you can substitute with kale if you prefer. Any green vegetables would work mixed into this recipe.
What to Serve with Kielbasa Pasta:
- Side Salad – Serve this tasty one pot meal with a simple side salad.
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks – We like to serve Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe to dip the bread sticks in the cheesy sauce get every last drop of this amazing sauce.
- Stuffed Cheesy Bread – If you like a little extra heat, try Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe. It’s so cheesy and the jalapeno peppers make it really amazing. It’s so easy because it uses crescent rolls!
How to Store Leftovers:
If we have leftovers we will like to store in individual containers which makes for a delicious lunch the next day. These leftovers will stay good for up to 5 days.
When you are ready to reheat, place in a microwave safe dish and reheat in 30 second intervals. You can also reheat in the skillet with some olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
Print Recipe here for Kielbasa Pasta:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Smoked Kielbasa sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1/2 Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 10 ounce can
- 16 oz Rotini Pasta uncooked
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep saucepan over medium high heat. Add in the diced Kielbasa and onions for 5-6 minutes until the sausage is browned and onions are soft.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute until aromatic.
- Then stir in the diced tomatoes, pastas milk and seasonings. Slowly add in water until the pasta is covered (approximately 2 cups of water). Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover and let sit until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Kielbasa Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
- Crock Pot Cheesy Pierogi and Kielbasa Casserole
- Crock Pot Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients don’t list water but directions do & directions don’t list what to do with chicken broth