This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Pierogi Casserole is an easy one pot meal for the best comfort food. Dinner is a breeze with this simple and flavor packed recipe.
This cheesy kielbasa slow cooker recipe is packed with flavor and is easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and you have a complete meal for a quick and easy one pot recipe.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Take the guess work out of dinner and make this family favorite cheesy pierogi casserole. It taste amazing with the combination of the savory flavors. This easy recipe is a complete one pot crock pot meal that makes dinnertime a breeze.
This casserole dinner is rich, hearty and can be made in a variety of ways. You will love that the prep work is easy and can easily be done on cooking day.
- Frozen Pierogies (cheddar)
- Smoked Polska Kielbasa
- Salt and Pepper
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions, for serving
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Add Meat – Try adding in chicken or ground beef instead of kielbasa. This recipe is so versatile. You can also use smoked sausage.
- Pierogies – Use other types of pierogies in this dish to change up the flavor. Mini pierogis are delicious.
- Creamy Texture – Add sour cream to the cream cheese mixture.
- Bacon – Bacon is good in this recipe. Crumble cooked bacon on top with the green onions.
- Fried Onions – Top with fried onions. Yum!
- Omit Kielbasa – You can make this crock pot pierogi without the kielbasa.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Slice up the kielbasa and place in the crock pot.
Step 2 – Top with the cream cheese, the pierogies, salt, pepper and pour chicken broth. Cook on low for 3 hours. Cooking time will vary.
Step 3 – 30 minutes before serving, stir and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Step 4 – Cook additional 30 minutes until mixture until melted. Top with slice green onions and enjoy. Serve with a salad to make it a complete dinner.
- Slicing Kielbasa – Slice the kielbasa about the same so that it cooks evenly and doesn’t get mushy.
- Cheese – We recommend shredding the cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has added ingredients and contain other ingredients that are not necessary for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The leftovers will last about 3-4 days if stored correctly.
Yes, you can freeze crock pot cheesy pierogi by placing in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve again, allow mixture to thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat the mixture in the oven in a casserole dish. Bake for about 10 minutes in an oven at 350 degrees. You can also reheat in the microwave.
More Easy Kielbasa Recipes
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crockpot Pierogi Casserole Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Crockpot Pierogi Casserole
- Slice up the kielbasa and place in the crock pot.
- Top with the cream cheese, the pierogies, salt, pepper and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir and top with cheddar cheese.
- Cook until melted
- Top with green onions and enjoy
- Serve with a salad to make it a complete dinner.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe