This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut combines the tangy flavors of sauerkraut and delicious sliced kielbasa. Easy and delicious crock pot recipe.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Recipe:
Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Slow Cooker Recipe is delicious and easy to make. We love the tangy flavors of the sauerkraut mixed with the smoky sliced kielbasa which makes for a delicious weeknight meal.
If you love sauerkraut and kielbasa in the crockpot try our Crock Pot Cheesy Pierogi and Kielbasa Recipe. This recipe is cheesy, hearty, delicious and all cooks in your slow cooker.
Add in brown sugar, simple pantry ingredients and a light beer to balance the combination of the ingredients. Quick and easy to prepare for any day of the week.
- Kielbasa Sausage (cut into 1-2 inch size pieces)
- Sauerkraut (drained)
- Small Yellow Onion (sliced)
- Minced Garlic
- Brown Sugar
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Light Beer (or pilsner beer)
How to Make Kielbasa and Sauerkraut in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Place Kielbasa in Slow Cooker – Add the kielbasa to a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the drained sauerkraut on top.
- Step 2 – Add in ingredients – Then top with the onions, minced garlic, brown sugar, spicy brown mustard, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Top with Beer – Pour the beer on top. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Step 4 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy.
What can I use instead of beer?
If you prefer not to use beer there are other options. You can use chicken broth or apple juice instead of beer in this recipe if you prefer.
Tips for Kielbasa and Sauerkraut Crockpot Recipe:
- Sauerkraut – We recommend draining the sauerkraut because of how tart the Sauerkraut is. To make it even less tart, rinse the sauerkraut before adding it in the slow cooker.
- Onion and Garlic – We make things easy but just tossing the garlic and onion in the slow cooker, but if you prefer you can sauté them before adding.
- Kielbasa – The kielbasa we used is the smoked kielbasa. You can also use bacon or other types of pork.
- Seasoning – We used simple seasoning, but they can be changed to what you have hand.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Kielbasa and Sauerkraut:
This Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Kraut Recipe is rich and hearty so we usually keep our sides light. Here are some of our favorites to serve with this one pot meal.
- Salad – Serve this kielbasa and sauerkraut with an easy green salad. Quick and easy and can be made ahead of time.
- Make a Sandwich – Serve this recipe with a slice of rye bread. You can top sauerkraut and kielbasa on a hoagie with some provolone cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Serve it over Rice – Make a batch of white rice to serve the easy crockpot kielbasa sauerkraut recipe over. It would also be delicious served over egg noodles or sliced potatoes.
Can I Substitute the Kielbasa?
Yes, we used pork smoke kielbasa for this recipe, but you can beef sausage if you prefer.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I like to store the leftover in individual containers for a quick lunch the next day.
Can you Freeze this?
Yes, you can freeze this slow cooker recipe. If you like to meal prep for the week, you can easily freeze this before cooking. It also works great freezing after you cook it.
Simply place the ingredients in a freezer safe container and place in the freezer. It will stay good for about 3 month. When you are ready to serve again, simple thaw in the fridge overnight.
Then place the ingredients in the slow cooker to cook or reheat.
Why we Love this Easy Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – This recipe is hearty and delicious but the ingredients are simple. It is the perfect weeknight meal paired with an easy side salad.
- One Pot Recipe – If you are looking for a one pot meal that everyone will love, make this slow cooker recipe. The tangy sauerkraut and the smoky kielbasa makes this recipe a family favorite.
- Easy to store – This recipe be stored in the fridge or freezer to enjoy later. Perfect meal to meal prep with.
Print Recipe here for Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut:
Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
- Add the kielbasa to a 6 quart crock pot. Pour the drained sauerkraut on top.
- Then top with the onions, minced garlic, brown sugar, spicy brown mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour the beer on top. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Red Wine Roast Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Recipe